Senior Colour & Materials Designer in UK 🌎
- Senior Colour & Materials Designer (Ultimate Series Customer Journey)
- Colour & Materials Design Manager
Date of Preparation
At McLaren Automotive our vision is to become the iconic sports car company. We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our mission to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
Purpose of the Role
- “Design breath-taking products that tell the visual story of their function”.
- Support X-functional teams to define and design the customer journey for the ultimate series customers
- Define, create and manage the delivery of all physical CMD assets to be used as part of this journey
- Work 1 to 1 with ultimate series customers to create and deliver engaging and innovative design proposals for Exterior and Interior Colour and Material concepts
- Create and deliver the C&M Design Intent Report for each individual Ultimate Series Customer
- To represent the Studio/Colour and Materials team at technical/senior meetings as required
- Responsible for the continuation of the implementation of all Materials and Finishes for ultimate series production
- Support in delivery of Target & Master Samples for all colours & materials
- Work closely with suppliers, developing materials to McLaren production specifications
- Research and document individual customer profiles
- Liaise directly with individual ultimate series customers and create their unique CMD specification
- Liaise with McLaren designers, function groups, marketing and purchasing teams to approve individual Design Intent Reports, ensuring they are production feasible
- Manage and deliver the defined customer specification through to delivery of the their car
Required Knowledge Skills & Experience
- A University Degree in Art and Design or equivalent, with extensive experience as a Colour and Material Designer
- Preferable OEM experience working in a design department of an Automotive company
- Highly creative with excellent colour vision, colour harmony and an intuitive understanding of perceived value and craftsmanship
- Significant knowledge of automotive/industrial colours and materials
- Presentation skills to explain and express design intention
- High Level of competence in using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office
- Strong project planning/management skills
- Must possess a genuine passion for pushing the boundaries in Colour and Materials Design
- A true sensitivity to colour and materials, with expert understanding of materials & processes
- Customer facing role – Excellent interpersonal skills essential
- Highly motivated Team player with strong presentation skills
- Should be well organised and methodical, with excellent attention to detail
- Working exceptionally well under pressure
- Must demonstrate a high level of self motivation, initiative, flexibility and determination to see a task through to completion working within tight deadlines
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page