Full stack Developer in Farnborough, UK 🌎
At Zone we are experts in strategy, technology and content. Our digital specialists work in agile, multi-disciplinary teams to help ambitious businesses win.
The key focus of this role will be providing front-end and back-end design and development expertise in the delivery of Digital solutions for one of our clients. You will work on the next generation of a business critical internal product for a major global financial services company. The role will be based on client site in Farnborough and in the Zone London office in Kings Cross.
What will you be doing?
- Developing the front-end and back-end code in support of the digital project delivery
- Ensuring any code meets coding standards (code reviews, unit testing etc).
- Troubleshooting development and production problems across the technically diverse Digital platforms
- Contributing to team best practices in Agile as part of a model of continuous improvement
- Working co-operatively with existing colleagues to continue to develop the React and Java architecture.
- Attending the daily stand-ups for the technical work streams they are responsible for.
Skills and experience we are looking for:
- The ideal candidate will be a strong team player who displays a can-do attitude, with solid experience collaborating in multidisciplinary agile teams.
- Extensive experience of Java 8 development using Open Source Java components and frameworks (notably Spring Boot, Spring Cloud) in IDE like Visual Studio Code
- Knowledge of design patterns (Reverse Proxy, Adapter, Event Queue, Circuit Breaker)
- Detailed knowledge of the use of Web services (SOAP & REST) and API Mocking (WireMock, Postman)
- Experience of SOA and Microservices in a Single Page Application (SPA) architecture
- Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, BDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.) and associated tools (Rally, Jira)
- Experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, Pivotal Cloud Factory)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (GitHub, GitFlow, Jenkins, Gradle)
- Experience with frontend test frameworks (Jest/Enzyme, Jasmine, Mocha/Chai/Sinon, QUnit etc)
- Knowledge of relational database (Oracle, MySQL), In-Memory data grids (GemFire) and distributed database (HBase/Hadoop)
- Ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience sharing knowledge and working in a multi-disciplinary team, working well with colleagues to reach consensus and agree a common understanding and approach.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page