Assistant Project Manager in Solihull, UK 🌎
- Assistant Project Manager / Data Analyst - 12 month FTC
- United Kingdom-Solihull-Solihull
Arup is a multi–disciplinary firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of the built environment. Together we help our clients solve their most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as we strive to find a better way and shape a better world.
We have a strong track record in delivering project controls and commercial support to our design teams delivering very large infrastructure projects such as HS2, Smart Motorways and rail electrification schemes. We are looking to grow our team to support anticipated increases in workload moving forward and to exploit opportunities to deploy similar service offerings to external transport sector clients.
We are looking for an Assistant Project Manager / Data Analyst to join Project Management Office (PMO) assignments within Programme and Project Management (PPM) team in Solihull.
The role will provide an opportunity to
- Help develop our PMO capability for transport sector clients
- Assist in establishing and managing best practice PMO functions on large infrastructure projects
- Significantly enhance your own commercial skills
The role consists on the project financial management with focus on budget reporting and work package financial analysis. The role holder will implement and develop project controls systems to report on project specific KPI’s and give leadership timely insight to make informed decisions. Day-to-day activities also include preparing project progress reports and dashboards, establishing resource baselines and monitoring expenditure levels.
You will report to the Transport Sector leader within the PPM Midlands. You will be required to be integrate into project delivery teams and work closely with technical discipline leaders, other Arup teams and other consultants / contractors as required.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of PMO functions, particularly resource and expenditure monitoring
- Knowledge of business intelligence systems such as Microsoft Power BI or similar
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Demonstrable ability to work in an integrated project team
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience within the road and/or rail sector, in either an engineering, project management or commercial function
- Degree qualified in a STEM subject area
Reward & Benefits
- We offer one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
- Core benefits including private healthcare and a range of other protection schemes are funded by Arup and made available to all permanent staff to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental well-being.
Shape your time with us
How can we best work with you? Whether you’re a parent, a Carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle, it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours.
At Arup you have access to a range of flexible working options – including flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time. If you’re interested in any of these options, please let us know when you apply, and we’ll discuss how this could work in your role.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
If you have any questions or queries regarding this opportunity or the application process, please contact.
Arup. Shaping a better world.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page