Visual Designer in London, UK 🌎
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to make travel as simple, seamless and affordable as possible. We’re proud to be Europe’s leading independent train and coach platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.2 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 80 million visits to our apps and websites each month.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
About the Role
We’re looking for a highly motivated Visual Designer to join our in-house brand design team. This is a fixed term contract or freelance position (for 6 months).
Eye-catching, relevant design that is typographically precise and pixel perfect should be second nature to you. You have a self-starter attitude with a willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing deadlines.
Purpose of the Role
This role reports to our Graphic Designer, and will involve working closely with all members of the Brand & Comms and Marketing teams to assist in speedy turn around of projects and assets. You will be willing to work within our brand guidelines and follow predetermined design and direction. This is a great learning opportunity for someone who wants to take ownership for key projects but under the close guidance of the graphic designer.
- Work with the design team to create, refine and finish visual designs for all of Trainline’s communication channels
- Produce production ready static artwork with consideration on how it may transfer to motion
You will work on projects like
- Creating assets for our campaigns that will include: Out of home digital and print, Facebook, Instagram and display ads, content for email and organic social channels
- Internal communication documents and swag
- Finding high-quality photography to support campaigns
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven understanding of brand guidelines, typography and layout
- A portfolio that demonstrates an ability to create compelling design
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Must be proficient in: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and Sketch
- Bonus points for a background in working with PowerPoint or After Effects
- Bonus points also for proven experience in producing-production ready digital and print artwork
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page