Digital Content Editor in New York, NY, USA 🌎
Spark44 is a new type of global agency, established as a joint venture with Jaguar Land Rover. We are Demand Creation Partners. That means we work across all platforms with a clear customer journey strategy. From the point of intrigue, through an inform stage, close of sale, and delivery of the on-going relationship.
The Digital Content Editor - Accessibility is responsible for ensuring accessibility compliance of all YouTube content embedded on the Jaguar and Land Rover USA websites over a 3-month period. This critical role will also assist with updating the Jaguar and Land Rover USA websites with accessibility-compliant metadata, alt text, and other needed criteria.
This is a highly significant role within our accessibility project and requires someone who is a self-motivator, has a superb eye for detail and is, above all, a focused and committed team player. The Digital Content Editor - Accessibility will be briefed on the project requirements, they will directly edit and review the content they are responsible for in tandem with our QA and Digital Experience (DX) team, adhering to the highest standards of quality. This role would suit an individual with digital and content management experience who is looking for involvement in an advertising agency.
- Participate in accessibility project briefings, liaise with Project - Manager/Account Executives/DX team to deliver required work
- Review all YouTube channel videos as specified and create/edit .SRT files to deliver localized close-captioning, fulfilling ADA requirements
- Edit SEO / alt text / link accessible text across Jaguar and Land Rover sites to fully realize accessibility requirements and test with screen reader or other browser tool
- Ensure that all content has been added according to brand guidelines and optimized
- Work closely with entire DX team/PM/Account to track, confirm all assignments
- Work in a methodical manner to ensure authored content has no negative impact on live sites
- BA/BS degree level education
- Superb English language skills, both written and oral; proficiency in French is a plus
- High level of organization and strong attention to detail
- Strong commitment to delivering high volume of work in efficient manner
- Familiarity with transcription tools and practices
- Experience maintaining web content for a business with any kind of -Content Management System, be it out-of-the-box or proprietary
- Understanding of HTML and CSS
- Preferred 2+ years of professional work experience (agency and digital experience strongly preferred)
- Interest in the automotive industry a plus
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize work schedule as well as work in a collaborative team environment
- Working knowledge of JIRA, Siteimprove, Google Docs & Adobe Photoshop are considered an asset
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page