UI Designer 📍 Chicago, United States
We’re looking for a passionate, talented freelance Designer for a short-term assignment with experience across digital and traditional tactics. Your primary role is to develop graphic and UI designs for integrated marketing programs. You will also be tasked with UX development and adopting a “mobile-first” design philosophy. In this role you will contribute to brainstorms; collaborate with copywriters and other creative team members to bring project elements to life; and develop designs for elements such as social assets, digital micro sites, digital ad units, in-store POS, and more.
In addition, the Designer will be skilled at working with typography and understand how to design for maximum consumer action (messaging hierarchy, visual balance, communication design). The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of marketing and has the skills to work from a rough comp to a finished, polished visual asset.
Qualified candidates will have 2 years of relevant agency or design studio experience. A Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications or design is preferred, as is related prior shopper marketing agency experience.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conceptualize and design digital pages and other common elements in the commerce marketing mix
- Create user flows and wireframes for digital experiences
- Speak knowledgeably about your work, giving rationale and background when appropriate, both internally and with clients given the opportunity.
- Work collaboratively with fellow team members in strategy, creative, development / technology, production, social media, client services, and management.
- Contribute in brainstorms and new business pitches as required
- Strong design and software skills in Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience with web layout tools Sketch, Adobe xD
- Experience with animation and motion graphics – After Effects, Premiere
- Strong typography skills
- Strong UX and UI design skills
- Good communication skills, with ability to persuade clients and co-workers
- Stability under pressure and ability to juggle multiple clients and assignments
It is expected that you will perform additional duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed by the Company for the efficient operation of the Company. In addition, in order to adjust to changes in our business, it may become necessary to modify your job description, add to or remove certain duties and responsibilities, or reassign you to an alternate job position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%