Video Editor 📍 Chicago, United States
Current Global is a global communications agency and creative powerhouse. Our footprint spans Asia, Europe, North and South America and has strength and depth across consumer marketing, corporate communications, health and technology. Our dynamic team of brand marketing, public relations and digital veterans work with some of the world’s most iconic brands to develop highly strategic and creative campaigns, collaborating across our four talent communities: Client Experience, Insights, Content and Integrated Media. Current Global offers exciting career opportunities for entrepreneurial leaders.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
Current Global is looking for a Freelance Video Editor based in Chicago to work with our integrated production team. As an editor, you’re great at storytelling and have extensive knowledge of the post-production process.
In this freelance position, you’ll be responsible for assembling raw video assets into finished products for digital, social, internal events, and virtually any other screen you can imagine. This is a key role in our post-production process and your talents will play a critical role in determining the quality and success of the final product.
You will work closely with our integrated production team to create video content, building impactful stories and visual communications.
- Create engaging content for various social media platforms
- Work alongside video producers, shooters, editors, animators and account teams to create short-to-mid-form content
- Complete assignments in a timely manner and prepare content for final release on ad platforms and social media platforms.
- Manage organization of projects, media and assets throughout the editorial process.
- Execute changes to your edits based off notes from producers, clients and/or management.
- Adhere to strict deadlines while managing multiple projects at once.
- Work collaboratively across multiple teams.
- Deliver final video product to the required platform specifications
- Assemble footage into rough, fine and final cuts while maintaining professional standards
- Multi-task regularly between projects
- Adhere to internal guidelines for the management and storage of video, audio and graphic files.
- Receive and implement notes from producers, senior leadership, and other project stakeholders
- Provide assets for finishing in a timely and organized manner
- Organize workload, manage priorities, meet deadlines and work well within a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Quality check videos and deliverables to ensure all assets meet standards, appropriate specs and are ready for upload and archive
- Track time daily
- 2-4 years of experience working in production, motion graphics, and editing
- Well-versed in Adobe Premiere, along with the rest of Adobe CC software (After Effects, Photoshop, etc)
- Candidate must have their own editing workstation and edit software.
- Must be a self-starter, great problem solver, organized, resourceful, attentive to detail, works well with others, and has a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Able to mix different media into a complete experience (video, graphics, music).
- Experience in typography, color, composition, compositing, key framing, and title design.
- Color correction and sound design experience.
- Highly creative, organized and able to work independently with little direction
- Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines in an exciting, fast paced environment.
- Technical knowledge of edit systems, codecs, and video encoding
- Applicants must provide a link to examples of most recent work: demo reel, full story examples, animations.
Current Global is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Current recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions: