Graphic Designer in New York, NY, USA 📍 New York, United States
Based in the heart of the picturesque Hudson Valley area, about 90 minutes north of New York City, in New Windsor, New York, with a showroom in Soho NYC; USA Lighting is a recognized leader in the architectural lighting industry with a passion for designing innovative high-performance lighting solutions with a refined aesthetic for architects, lighting designers and interior designers.
We work in a fast-paced environment and are looking for a talented and highly creative freelance graphic designer with a strong design aesthetic for elevating brand equity with evocative out-of-the-box design. Fresh creative that’s sophisticated with emotive branding is an absolute must! Our lighting solutions are pioneering and innovative, seen in architectural projects that are highlighted in architectural and interior design magazines. We need someone who can create equally impressive communication pieces and can successfully come up with effective design ideas that are visually arresting and conceptually engaging.
You will deliver high level concept and design for a wide range of projects across platforms including but not limited to: website, digital and printed brochures, email marketing, ad campaigns and social media.
This role will report to the Marketing Manager with additional guidance and direction from the President and CEO of the company.
- Partner with marketing to design concepts to fit within a strategy or brand
- Develop brand identities/brand development
- Skilled with conceptualizing and translating technical information into easily understandable storytelling and compelling communication
- An exceptionally high design aesthetic – sophisticated, emotive and fun
- Design logos, print collateral, edit photography, presentations, digital layouts, social media imagery, basic motion assets and other needs.
- Illustration, sketch, drawing skills a plus
- Design type layouts and systems for print and digital applications, using advanced typography skills
- Present work to marketing and President/CEO with strong design POV
- Keen eye for detail
- See projects through from start to finish, communicating regularly with marketing manager
Ensure a creative yet consistent look and feel of materials that adhere to and support our brand identity
Prepare visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts for brochure, website and email distributions
- BA; Minimum 5 years graphic design experience
- Exceptional and diverse design portfolio with examples of elevating a brand with design, well thought out concepts, and unique design solutions
- Filming and editing expertise is a plus
- Graphic design and print layout experience
- Must have advance knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Illustration skills are a plus
- Familiarity with social platforms
- Photography skills a plus
- Knowledge in CSS/HTML
- Understanding of usability and navigation issues both desktop and mobile
- On the cutting edge of latest trends and best practices
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Graphic Design: 5 years (Preferred)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page