Graphic / Web Designer 📍 New York, United States
About the Job
Stage Door Connections (SDC) is seeking a freelance part-time Graphic or Web Designer to join their creative team. S/he will be responsible for the development and design of web-based graphics such as animated Flash banners, maintenance of SDA/SDC’s corporate website, production of print-on-demand marketing materials, eBlast marketing and fulfilling day-to-day creative services needs. S/he will work directly with the President and CEO and will work closely with members of the Marketing, Sales and Client Services teams.
- Design and development of web graphics such as banners (animated and static), slideshows and multimedia.
- Fluid knowledge of graphic design principals with regards to layout and typography
- Ability to follow a well-established corporate style guide
- Operates effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality
- Effectively develops in a clean, well-structured, easily maintainable format
- Utilizes story boarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate
- Manage additional freelance and contract resources
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments
- Design weekly e Blasts through inception to set up and delivery
- Maintain web rotator images on SDA & SDC
- Design ad-hoc marketing collateral for events, advertising campaigns, hand out material, etc
- Enhance and improve current designs and page layouts
- Assist with design elements of partner companies and websites
- Work with design directors and lead designers on new website designs and enhancements
- Minimum 3 years of web and/or graphic design experience
- Mac/PC Proficient
- Multimedia creation with Flash
- Ability to optimize graphics for efficient load-times
- Expert knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite 4 or later, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Understanding of video compression and editing a plus
- Strong portfolio showing a balance of design and development
- Practical experience working with print and/or 3rd-party vendors
- Excellent problem solving and communications skills
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently yet always a team player
- Ability to manage time effectively and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Understanding of Windows-based software (MS Office)
- A background in the performing arts is a HUGE plus
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter of interest and background, resume and online portfolio with "Freelance Designer” in the subject field.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions: