Graphic Designer 🌎
A small graphic design company seeks a freelance, remote Graphic Designer with experience in a wide variety of design media. We’re looking for someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, presentations, templates, layouts and other designs. The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running as soon as we bring on a new client or project.
Hours and Work Volume
This is a freelance role in a very deadline-sensitive environment that can require work on weekdays, evenings and/or weekends, as necessary. That being said, there is a lot of flexibility regarding precisely when the candidate works, as long as required deadlines are being met. The volume of work, number of work hours per week and/or number of active projects at any one time is not guaranteed and can vary widely based on client needs.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
Ideal Candidate Qualities
- Able to communicative effectively and regularly with Creative Director by method of text messaging, video conferencing, emailing or over the phone
- Able to follow direction and distill and analyze design needs accurately and efficiently
- Able to be proactive and work independently
- Able to be level-headed when receiving feedback or constructive criticism
- Willing and able to work within an existing framework of design aesthetic, but also able to create original designs and add elements of their own style when needed and where possible
- Able to multi-task and work simultaneously on multiple projects based on current client workload
- Reliable, flexible and willing to do what is necessary to meet client deadlines
- Is a “perfectionist” who, while not expected to be “perfect” at all times, will pay attention to even the most minute details
- Has a natural understanding of visual balance and flow, color and typographic arrangement
- Has a basic understanding of marketing principles and techniques
- Understands the principles of brand consistency and has the ability to design to a set of specific brand standards
- Able to edit and proofread as necessary, with knowledge of grammar and punctuation rules, familiarity with the Associated Press and Chicago style guides, and the ability to adapt to different standards based on client needs
- Able to be discreet and maintain confidentiality when working with client materials
- Should have a current design portfolio and be able to provide professional references
Ideal Candidate Skills/Experience
- Advanced skills in using Adobe Illustrator with little to no training, for original illustration and graphic design, from logos to infographics and everything in between
- Advanced skills in using Adobe InDesign with little to no training; experience using the program’s book functionality a plus
- Advanced skills in using Adobe Photoshop with little to no training, for photo manipulation and editing
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft PowerPoint with little to no training, for presentation development, including knowledge of using master slide templates and animation functionalities; experience with Keynote a plus
- Familiarity with preparing materials for press production, including large-format printing
- Basic knowledge of HTML and web design; familiarity with the WordPress.org platform and working with WordPress templates/plugins a plus
- Formal education in Graphic Design, English, Business and/or Marketing is useful, but not required
Candidate-Provided Software/Hardware Requirements
- Mac operating system
- Access to latest versions of Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver; Adobe Creative Cloud subscription ideal
- Access to latest versions of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Access to latest version of Apple Keynote
- Designing PowerPoint templates
- Developing PowerPoint presentations
- Designing logos, icons or other infographics
- Designing book covers
- Typesetting book interiors
- Designing event themes and branding
- Designing event signage and other event materials
- Light editing/proofreading
- Basic website or email design/development
- $40.00 /hour
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity
- Fully Remote
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is
- Dependable – more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible – enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented – would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent – enjoys working with little direction
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$35-50 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
No, we can work online
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions: