Graphic Designer 📍 Austin, United States
Join Our Creative Team!
Are you a design rule-breaker with a talent for creating compelling design work?
At Obsessed Agency, we’re all about creating remarkable work.
Our small branding + design agency is expanding, and we’re looking for a multi-disciplined, bad*ass designer to join our small design team… If you’re a standout designer that embraces counter-culture, lives by art & design and takes pride in doing GOOD work, you might be a perfect fit for us. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who is already freelancing and is looking to pick up additional work.
This is a PT freelance (1099) gig and most of your work can be done remotely. Your schedule is your own: there are no set hours, however, there may be weekend work and we expect you to make all deadlines.
At this time, we’re only considering Austin-area based designers.
You must be highly disciplined and able to keep tight deadlines and play well with others. We work collaboratively so, often, 2-3 people are working on any given job.
Initially, during a trial period, we’ll start with 5-10 hours a week, moving to 20+ hours, depending on need. Most work will be paid on a per-project basis (your design fee can average anywhere from $15 to $50 hour, depending on client/job). Please note, during the learning/training period (1-3 weeks), project fees might be 50% lower.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Designing, producing art and copy
- Layouts for event brochure and digital ads
- Logo design work
- Designing email campaigns
- Creating Advertisements
- Magazine Layout
- Photoshop Composites
- Illustration Work
- Typography-led design
- Digital Design (both static and video)
Qualifications and Skills
- A can-do attitude and deadlines never missed
- Ability to design in a range of styles, from super corporate to highly graphic work
- Understand the principles of design, color and balance Keep-up-date on creative trends and industry standards
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design (or equivalent experience)
- Demonstrated strength in creative thought and visual problem solving
- Ability to meet once a week for one-hour meeting for projects Able to work random and sometimes late-night hours
- Fluency in Adobe CC+ (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign)
- Thorough understanding of print production processes (process color, flexography, etc.)
- A positive attitude, strong communication skills and a passion for creating good work
Please submit a link to samples/portfolio with cover letter.
- $15.00 to $40.00 /hour
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Graphic Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity
- Fully Remote
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is
- Innovative – prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Autonomous/Independent – enjoys working with little direction
- Dependable – more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible – enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented – would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance – thrives in a high-pressure environment
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions: