Web Designer and Developer 📍 Tempe, United States
The Web Designer & Front-End Developer will work to successfully deliver highly functional and visually stimulating web-based projects. This hybrid role is responsible for understanding a client’s business and communication goals, and successfully translating them into meaningful solutions that exhibit stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and a balance of aesthetics, innovation, and usability. You’ll be encouraged to utilize the very latest HTML5/CSS3 technology; you’ll work closely with both external clients and our own cross-functional teams on projects that range from a few weeks to a few months in length. You should be passionate about writing clean, semantically correct code and diligent about keeping file sizes tiny. Great communication skills are a necessity since you’ll frequently communicate technical functionality and limitations to non-technical teams. You should view engineers and account executives as your allies. An eye for responsive design is a must. We’d prefer it if you have at least 2 years of front-end development experience, enjoy working on teams with 1-2 other developers, and are motivated by a sense of ownership over your projects.
- Conceive and execute highly effective visual designs for websites and web-based applications with the firm’s aesthetic goals in mind.
- Develop and implement information architectures and navigation schema.
- Provide project estimates and timelines.
- Collaborate with engineers to implement designs solutions.
- Manage project activities and continuously track progress to ensure timely delivery.
- Collaborate with clients to analyze and develop successful design and build strategies.
- Maintain positive client relationships and effectively represent the firm’s best interests.
- Explore, research and implement production tools, design trends and Internet technologies that will contribute to the betterment of the firm.
REQUIRED SKILL SET
- Experience with web design and front-end development
- Efficiency and expertise in leading design software: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, (some) Illustrator, etc.
- General Internet knowledge: web history, legacy moves, latest trends, emerging technologies, etc.
- Highly organized, thorough and detail oriented, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Articulate, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully lead and direct production teams
- Motivated and results-oriented, able to produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Part-time, Contract
- Web Design: 1 year (Required)
- Front-End Development: 1 year (Required)
Full Time Opportunity
- One location
- Fully Remote
Hours per week
Typical start time
Typical end time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is
- Dependable – more reliable than spontaneous
- Monday to Friday
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$35-50 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions: