Digital Designer 📍 Walker, United States
Employees at Quad thrive at the intersection of thinking, making and marketing. As we continue to take the bold steps necessary to transform our offering, our goal is to provide our clients with the most powerful integrated marketing platform. We’re all partners in our company, committed to do the right thing, trusting the process, innovating for the future, growing the business, believing in each other, and having a little fun along the way.
Quad is seeking an experience Freelance Digital Designer to be based in the greater Grand Rapids, MI area. The Freelance Digital Designer will support varied design and production needs for our client focusing primarily on digital channels, but also supporting print design and production as needed. The ideal candidate has a strong background in digital design and production in support of email, website and social media platforms. The candidate will be a strategic thinker and problem solver who can utilize existing templates, but also bring forward new ideas and approaches based on current trends and industry best practices. Experience with programming required.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Translate business goals, designs and initiatives into compelling, innovative, and clear digital communication
- Idea conception and production of graphic design for a range of digital and print marketing materials
- Develop, test, and deploy responsive email campaigns
- Use research, data, and analytics insights to inform design and copywriting decisions
- Collaborate with creative and digital team members to ideate and execute digital assets that adhere to brand guidelines
- Perform quality assurance on all deliverables
- Strive to stay up-to-date on the latest production techniques and creative designs being used in the industry
- 3+ years of digital design experience
- Utilize strong visual communication and design skills to translate marketing or informational content into functional deliverables in a variety of media
- Must have an understanding of web design, such as: creating responsive design, using HTML5 semantic tags and valid front-end markup
- Ability to work with a team to develop and maintain project timelines
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects across varying media
- Strong Adobe Creative Suite experience (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- HTML and CSS coding experience, including responsive design a plus
- Self-motivated and proactive to identify opportunity and initiate growth in emerging areas
- Well organized with a very strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Team player that can also work well independently
- Strong Excel skills
- Proofreading and excellent grammar skills a plus
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions: