Graphic Specialist 📍 Troy, United States
The Graphic Specialist will be responsible for all activities involved in the production, pre-press, programming, and publication of projects within Techworld. Teamwork is key at Techworld, so the Graphic Specialist must be able to work with all members of the team - supporting sales, accounting, project management, and vendors. The position is a multifaceted position, requiring the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Layout: Utilize a variety of software programs to complete layouts in numerous languages. Mirror the source copy from the client, while allowing for each individual language’s nuances that may occur.
- Pre-Press: Prepare documents for delivery and/or printing. Follow specs for each project, and utilize various forms of delivery to the client, including CD/DVD, FTP, printers, etc.
- Programming: Work with e-learning courses and web development in various languages. Troubleshoot errors with files, adapt for different language requirements, and test courses to comply with client specifications.
- Proofreading: Review all documents and files before delivery. Check for any missing translations, text left in source language, and problems with formatting.
- Organization: Keep folders and paperwork organized. Work with electronic file structure for each project, version control of files, and tracking information on the status of each project.
- Customer Service: Coordinate with team members to ensure on-time and accurate project deliveries. Contact clients as needed with questions, status updates, and deliveries.
- Other: Other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of programs, including: training software, including Articulate Storyline and Lectora, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Solutions (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash), XML, HTML, QML, SDL Trados Studio
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects at one time
- Organization skills (hard copy paperwork and electronic file version control)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Prepress: 2 years (Required)
- Graphic Design: 2 years (Required)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions: