Web Developer 📍 New York, United States
We’re looking for a talented front-end developer to join our growing e-commerce team on a part-time / freelance basis. This person will ensure customers are delivered a consistently excellent experience across all browsers and devices, as well as build, test, and implement winning solutions to increase usability and improve UX on our dedicated website. You should be an accomplished developer with a finely trained eye for detail and someone who loves testing new ideas.
- Manage our site codebase (built on Shopify) and ensure that all code on the site is in use or removed
- Construct and maintain merchandising tools to streamline site content management
- Ensure consistently excellent performance on all major devices / browsers, including fast load times and bug-free core functionality
- Construct design solutions with the e-commerce team with a focus on improving website
- Run extensive QA to ensure performance consistency across key devices and browsers
- Experience with Shopify and Liquid templating language required
- 2-5+ years experience in web development
- Technical SEO knowledge preferred
- Highly attentive to detail and willing to work on a project until it’s perfect. You pay close attention to things like font sizes and background colors to ensure consistency across the site.
- Organized & communicative. You keep the team up to date regarding progress on a daily basis, and make sure everyone is aware of any roadblocks. You keep your codebase organized, and manage your deadlines effectively.
- Never satisfied. You’re constantly looking for ways to improve our website and adding to your own skill set
- Proactive, dependable and able to think through problems independently
- Someone who thrives in a fast-changing, dynamic work environment
- Team player who prioritizes results over ego
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page