Technical Designer 📍 Dodgeville, United States
In this role, you will partner with Product Development from initial concept through product adoption. You will translate the product design and vision into a consistent fit and quality level through block development/application, specifications and fit session management to support product engineering, IMU and quality goals. In addition, you would be responsible for the development of construction methods and accurate written product and measurement specifications. This position is a freelance role with a 6-month contract.
- Proactively identify and advise on the fit, production, quality and costing issues to ensure brand integrity.
- Lead initiatives to design/develop innovative construction as it relates to fit and cost savings.
- Revise and create technical sketches in Adobe Illustrator.
- Compare samples against product specifications for construction, measurement, and overall appearance.
- Work in pattern software tool to evaluate patterns for fit and grading. Create and maintain product specifications (includes technical sketches, graded measurements, packaging and labeling, functional fabrics and trims) and standards to reflect optimum fit, construction and styling relative to brand strategies.
- Assign/develop fit block specifications to the style level to achieve fit expectations.
- Translate/Lead fit session outcomes to improve product fit and quality of construction while creating efficiencies and innovation.
- Analyze returns data, share necessary findings/analysis with cross-functional team members. Initiate and implement corrective action plans as needed.
- Aid in resolution of failed audits and quality issues with vendors.
- Degree in fashion design, apparel production or textiles preferred.
- 5+ years of technical design in sweaters or cut & sew preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of garment construction, fabric characteristics, and garment performance standards specifically in sweaters
- Advanced knowledge of pattern making and pattern grading, apparel production.
- Working knowledge of PDM software (specification development, drawing) as well as standard office software.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and be self-directed.
- Bachelors or better in Apparel Design or related field
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page