Graphic Designer 📍 Washington, United States
Seeking an experienced graphic designer
- Must be able to provide three (3) references from the past two years’ experience in providing graphic design services. A portfolio of projects completed
- Prior experience in illustration development, photo or illustration with retouching skills
- Federal work, public health programs experience a PLUS
- Prior experience in brand development, photography and project management a PLUS
- Graphic Designer shall recommend various methods of portraying ideas regarding the design, layout, and generation of a variety of graphical presentation products from rough drafts or outlines. The position shall utilize complex automated color graphic equipment,
- Must be able to perform under pressure, meet deadlines and complete assignments in a short period of time
- Shall be responsible for comprehensive development, including interpretation of design direction, paper selection, and production knowledge
- Directly provide graphic design and consultation services including but not limited to: graphic identity, design for display, publication, on-air and interactive design, including illustration, typography design, art direction, photography, and suggested text edit to enhance the final product.
- Provide supervision and management for the assigned projects
- Prior experience in projects that include design, illustration, artwork, typography, photography, creative thinking, and creating professional publications
- The position is responsible for maintaining the quality of material delivered
- This position shall provide graphic design and consultation services
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or comparable field (5 years of graphic design experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree).
- 2 years of professional graphic design experience.
- Five years of experience with Adobe.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including but not limited to InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Submit a portfolio and description of the process for developing materials for clients from beginning to the end of a project.
Individual must possess skill in the preparation of graphs, charts, and text data for visual presentations. The individual must possess skill in, but not limited to graphic identity, design for display, publication, on-air and interactive design, including illustration, typography design, art direction, and photography. Basic knowledge of graphic equipment, graphics software, file formats, and graphic terms is required. Professional Photography skills a PLUS.
Please Provide Resume, Work Samples, Cover Letter.
- Part-time, Temporary, Contract
- Graphic Design: 5 years (Required)
- Photography: 2 years (Preferred)
- Photoshop: 5 years (Required)
- United States (Required)
Full Time Opportunity
- One location
Typical start time
Typical end time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is
- Autonomous/Independent – enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative – prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Dependable – more reliable than spontaneous
- Monday to Friday
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page