Graphic Designer 📍 Boston, United States
Workbar is a pioneer in the Boston co working space. With 9 Workbar locations in the Boston area and 11 partner locations nationally, both in urban and suburban settings, Workbar gives you the option to choose where you work each day.
At Workbar, we believe your workspace should adjust to your needs - and not vice versa. We’ve been building and perfecting quality workspaces for the past 10 years to bring our members a best-in-class experience packed with modern amenities and flexible membership packages that work just as hard as you do!
The nature of work is changing. At its core, Workbar provides individuals and teams with greater freedom over when, where or how to achieve their full potential at work.
About the role
Workbar’s mission to enable businesses, entrepreneurs and freelancers to grow, thrive and achieve more is brought to life visually and in words by the creative team. We communicate that mission through curated campaigns, real life experiences and sales collateral to create a visual dialogue of what Workbar looks and feels like.
The Creative team is looking for a skilled and forward-thinking Graphic Designer with strong digital skills who creates relentlessly and has a passion for the details. The Graphic Designer will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team to concept, design and create compelling marketing campaigns and associated content across multiple channels and platforms.
This is a great opportunity to become one of the first members of a newly forming Creative team (within the Marketing department) that will grow to include creative direction, content and copywriting-which will work collectively to build the future of workspaces.
- Concept and craft thoughtful branded experiences across all touch points (online & offline).
- Design creative for marketing, sales and physical locations.
- Design creative marketing campaigns for channels including paid ads, email and web.
- Design creative sales collateral including flyers, postcards, emails and one sheeters.
- Design creative for physical collateral including signage, logos and displays.
- Design creative for events including flyers, emails, physical signage, venue buildouts and content/Instagram moments.
- Design creative for website including homepage, landing pages, news pages and more.
- Brainstorm exciting new ways to bring brand to life for new and existing Workbar locations.
- Work collaboratively across Marketing, Creative, PR, Sales and - Community teams to ensure consistency of Workbar visuals and to meet key deadlines.
- Support Marketing Director in refinement and implementation of visual strategy for Workbar partner locations.
- Serve as the point of contact within company for Workbar brand guidelines alongside Marketing Director.
Key channels include
- Social ads (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Google Ads
- Email (brand and automation)
- Web Chatbot
- Physical signage
- Sales collateral
- Pitch decks
- 4+ years of full-time, professional experience in art direction, content development, and/or content (with specialization in digital work)
- Strong knowledge of digital, social, video content
- Abstract thinking, creative energy, confidence, self-motivation
- Visual storytelling capabilities that effectively move specific audiences to action
- Can work independently or collaboratively with small cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting under tight deadlines with strong project and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of content platform current best practices, technologies and creative standards
- Knowledge of relevant tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Microsoft Office, Keynote, Google G-Suite, etc.
- The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of producing pieces that increase engagement and drive leads and have a portfolio that demonstrates this.
Preferred, but not required
- Ability to work from Boston or Cambridge workspaces (Back Bay or Downtown Crossing) for larger projects
- Agency and/or start-up background
As Workbar enters a high growth stage in 2020, the person in this role has the opportunity to evolve our visual identity, establish a strong personality and develop a clear sense of purpose for the brand.
A successful candidate has a knack for bringing stories to life across the ever-evolving digital landscape. The ideal candidate can construct a cohesive cross-channel campaign just as fluently as one-off emails, Instagram captions or event flyers. Their design feels like Workbar through and through because they sweat the small stuff and immerse themselves in the brand they represent.
This person will be a key stakeholder in evolving our brand and helping to differentiate Workbar in a saturated space. It’s not the kind of role where you’ll be told exactly what to do, but rather a role where you’ll be a valued partner who shows us where we can go.
This is a great role for someone who has recently started freelancing, is an experienced freelancer looking for more clients or someone that is taking on personal projects as a side hustle. The work schedule for this role is flexible, with the exception of a few projects that require in-person collaboration, you can perform your work when and where it best suits you.
How to Apply
However you identify or whatever your path, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come to work every day. Workbar is committed to building a diverse and dynamic team and we’re always looking for sharp candidates that think differently and love what they do.
When applying, please include your resume, a brief cover letter about what stood out to you most about the role and how it connects to your goals for your next role. Please also include relevant work samples. We’ll be in touch with all applicants who match the criteria for the role. Preference will be given to those with a strong writing portfolio focused on organic growth.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page