Junior Designer 📍 New York, United States
The Corporate Design team of Penguin Random House is looking for a self-motivated and highly organized Jr. Designer to join our highly collaborative team.
You will be responsible for assisting the Sr. Art Director in developing visual design and communication projects associated with the company brand, its products, and its services. Design projects will include B2B and company websites, brand decks, product campaigns, pitch decks and presentations, design development for product licensing, social media assets, trade show materials, etc….
You will work closely with our interdisciplinary team of UX, UI, branding and Ad-Promo designers.
- Assisting Sr. Art Director on visual design development of company websites.
- Visual prototypes in low-fidelity and high-fidelity.
- Digital asset production, visual maintenance and curation of existing intranet and B2B websites.
- Design and development of vector graphics, infographics and iconography.
- Design support for Corporate Communication and HR internal projects.
- Creation of brand decks, pitch decks, presentations, and style guides.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation that articulates company brand guidelines.
- Design support on author platforms, programs, and services.
- Product development for existing licensees and creation of new artwork assets for brands.
- Social and marketing images for collaborations and new businesses.
- Trade and licensing show assets, banners, and collateral.
- Design support with PRH ‘boot camp’ initiatives and events related to the Publishing Development group.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements
- 1+ years of design experience, as freelancer or part-timer
- Strong organization and time-management skills.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to quickly, clearly, and effectively communicate design ideas and solutions to teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Expertise in design software such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Open to feedback and constructive criticism
- Strong interest and curiosity in other areas of design and innovation.
- Experience with working directly with clients a plus.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page