Lead Software Engineer 🌎
The role of the Lead Software Engineer is to build and provide ownership over, high-quality, innovative, and high-performance software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
The Lead Software Engineer is also responsible for leading and mentoring technical teams through the project lifecycle. You will be responsible for defining, designing and estimating technical work, and overseeing the quality of technical deliverables.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead a full-stack team of developers on a project including a React front-end and a .NET Framework Web API back-end.
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment, focusing on sustainable development of high performance scalable, and maintainable enterprise solutions.
- Drive and actively participate in design discussions around architecture and business requirements with Architects, Product Owners, and Business Analysts. Own a fairly undefined and unbounded problem and drive the team towards a scalable design and solution.
- Provide technical leadership, direction, and oversight of development teams throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement and development best practices across products, teams, architecture, and implementations.
- Ensure successful system delivery to the production environment and assist the operations and support team in resolving production issues as necessary.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure adherence to coding best practices.
Education and/or Experience
- Significant experience in software development delivering solutions into production and a track record of getting stuff done.
- Self-motivating, self-directing, a great communicator, and a desire to take personal responsibility to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Prior enterprise-level development and lifecycle experience. Experienced in working on large enterprise, high-availability, software products before.
- Strong understanding of the .NET development stack, relational databases, SQL, and ORM technologies working on the Microsoft Azure, or similar, cloud platform.
- Experience developing software in an agile environment and shipping features in a fast-moving, cross-disciplinary team (Product Owners, Designers, Business Analysts, QA, etc.)
- Experience successfully working remotely and/or with geographically dispersed teams.
- Mortgage industry and/or Financial Services experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate information effectively at all levels is critical to success in this role.
- Ability to remain current on technical updates and apply new knowledge to the job.
- Strong analytical skills to solve and model complex business requirements.
- Sound understanding of software development best practices.
- Ability to collaborate on a cross-disciplinary team with and clearly communicate solutions to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Must exhibit strong professionalism and be effective working with senior management.
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage time.
- Ability to perform tasks and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on call support including weekends on rotational basis
- Ability to provide, as well as receive, feedback collaboratively and in a constructive manner.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page