Technical Designer 📍 New York, United States
We are looking for a Freelance Assistant Technical Designer, with 2-3 years of experience to join our team. This role will intimately work with the CEO and Designer to assist and maintain the consistent communication and workflow between factories and internal departments. The position must be able to perform below mentioned tech design related tasks. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with careful note-taking in sample fittings; evaluating the fit of each sample and providing solutions to problems
- Assist with creating/distributing/maintaining detailed development technical packages including technical flat sketches
- Articulating and communicating fit comments and corrections
- Rendering digitally and editing illustrations/technical flats
- Assisting with Ad-hoc projects such as digital art projects
- Coordinating sample delivery and returns
Requirements and desired skills
- College Degree in Apparel Design, Technical Design, Product Development, or Patternmaking preferred
- 2-3 related experience in Apparel design/Technical Design
- Patternmaking and garment construction knowledge
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign
- Ability to work with a broad range of fabrics and identify fabric technology such as cut+sew, soft wovens, tailoring
- Sewing skills: ability to work basic sewing/pressing equipment
- Experienced proficiency and strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Highly organized, with strong written and verbal communication required.
- Ability to perform tasks in a quick and timely manner
Freelance/Part time, with the potential for full-time opportunities
3-4 days a week, 40 hours a week
ABOUT THE BRAND
Danielle Guizio is a NYC-based contemporary label that specializes in re-imagining womenswear classics while maintaining a distinctly modern edge. The label has been seen on the likes of Bella and Gigi Hadid, Kylie and Kendall Jenner, Emily Ratajkowski and Kaia Gerber and has been featured in Vogue, Elle, WWD, Paper, Hypebeast and Vanity Fair to name a few publications. Most recently, CEO and designer Danielle Guizio was named one of Forbes 30 under 30.
- Monday to Friday
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$35-50 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page