Junior Designer 📍 Dallas, United States
DLD, a boutique architecture, interior design and construction services company is seeking a contract or temporary part-time Junior Interior Design Assistant to assist the owner with various architecture and interior design projects.
This position is initially a contract position but we would like to find a permanent person ultimately. You would be able to work from home on a contract basis but would be able to work in the office as well if you like or need to.
- Candidates must minimally have a bachelor’s degree in interior design from an accredited school or university, and at least one year of experience in a professional design environment.
- Candidates ideally will have a strong working knowledge of ArchiCAD, (If you don’t know Archicad but know REVIT or another similar program, I’m willing to help train you on it to a degree),
- experience with, Adobe Creative Suite software (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) and,
- online project management software such as BuilderTrend, Basecamp, and IVY is a plus.
- Construction Documents – The qualified designer will be expected to create floor and furniture plans, elevations, reflected ceiling plans, and sections. Develop space planning concepts and generate required construction documents.
- Provide the design team with finish plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction. Be capable of interfacing with contractors, engineers and consultants when required and ability to read and understand contract documents.
- Possess the ability to produce quality style guides / mood boards for project presentations and develop overall presentation formats including renderings when appropriate. Most of our mood boards are digitally created but we do supplement with actual samples of materials/selections.
- Strong organization and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable interfacing with clients, consultants, vendors, and internal staff.
- Flexibility - Ability to handle change and last-minute alterations of design or scope due to issues including client requests, budget/schedule challenged or added benefits to overall package aesthetically. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, altering priorities when required.
- Available for travel (locally) as needed to different locations and varying periods of time as needed on a project basis for site surveys, project management, installation, photo shoots, etc.
- Stay current on the latest products and innovations by traveling to a variety of industry trade shows and product tours as scheduled by manager.
- Sketch preliminary design plans, including electrical and partition layouts, and utilize Mac platform for computer-aided drawing (CAD) programs ARCHICAD, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite to create 3-D visualizations that include construction elements, such as walls and roofs.
- Select materials and ensure proper delivery and installation of design elements. Manage projects including ground-up construction, core and shell repositioning and designing creative workspaces. Review construction documents drafted by Designers.
Submit resume and portfolio (a link to an online portfolio is fine) and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position. You MUST include all three to be considered: Resume, Portfolio, Cover Letter.
- Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract
- $20 to $30 /hour dependent upon experience level
- Interior Design: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- 2 months or less
- 3 - 4 months
- 5 - 6 months
- Multiple locations
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is
- Dependable – more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented – enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible – enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented – would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent – enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative – prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance – thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page