Instructional Designer 📍 St. Joseph, United States
JohnsonRauhoff (JR) is an award-winning strategic content agency for global brands that is searching for a freelance instructional designer to partner with. Candidates should have experience designing and delivering impactful and innovative learning solutions that strategically align with the needs of customers and stakeholders, while measuring its impact and iterating for improvements. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 5 years instructional design experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop learning solutions and assessment strategies applying adult learning principles and systematic instructional design to create learning content that best fits the needs of the learner (Focus is heavily on online content, but could also include classroom, virtual instructor-led training and blended learning content).
- Draft master design document to include: audience and learning environment analysis, instructional goals and strategy, content outline, user navigation, screen/page template designs, storyboard/script development.
- Develop course outlines and design documents that deliver on training strategies; create scripts and storyboards for various delivery methods.
- Collaborates across the team on the creation of learning content and team processes.
- Develop exercises, tutorials, job aids, assessments, and other methods of learning including social or connected learning strategies, and multimedia based assets, as needed.
- Collaborate with clients and other designers to analyze, plan, design and execute course design and materials to internal and client team members.
- Collaborate with internal teams on enhanced learning/visual content such as photography, illustrations, CGI, etc.
- Serve as a training thought leader and advocate to and for the team, customers, and stakeholders.
- Experience working on curriculum development or creating learning modules.
- Solid knowledge of course development software (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Captivate) and Learning Management Systems. Knowledge of Absorb LMS, a plus.
- Familiarity with SCORM, online learning, learning technology, instructional, graphic, and/or web design or development skills.
- Technical aptitude with the ability to comprehend complex technical topics
- Strong writing skills; taking technical information and creating easy to understand training courses
- A high level of understanding of project management principles.
- Creative thinker with the ability to think of new ways to produce a new concept or idea.
- BS in instructional design, educational technology or similar and at least 5 years of experience
If you are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit that would like to join a team that thrives on producing great work and getting the job done please send resume.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page