Graphic Designer 📍 New York, United States
ABOUT TIDAL NEW YORK
TIDAL is a NYC-based startup dedicated to a more conscious approach to flip flops. Since inception in 2015, TIDAL has sought to start a wave of change in the footwear industry. Tidal’s founders, brothers and entrepreneurs Tim and Tommy Gibb set out to redefine the sector. First, with a wind-powered, low waste, local, owned and operated manufacturing plant that uses top quality materials sourced domestically from family-run companies and as of late, accomplishing an innovative technology to make TIDAL soles more renewable using a technique that hasn’t been widely commercially leveraged yet.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Located on Canal Street, the creative-led HQ offices is a scrappy young team that each day challenges itself to tell the story of such a simple product. A shoe that symbolizes comfort and living your best life. The team stems from backgrounds in fashion and art, they embrace storytelling and new ideas — How do we make flips flops fashion but also fun? And most importantly, how do we aim to educate our consumers on ethical practices, tasking ourselves with creating solutions for customers and the planet.
Open to Full time, Contract-to-Hire or Part-Time Freelance with consistent scheduling.
TIDAL New York is looking for a graphic designer who can not only push the creative envelope within our brand identity — conception, pro- posing and collaborating on new ideas but is incredibly detailed-oriented. The Graphic Designer is responsible for assisting with production on revolving projects such as site updates, web design, social assets, email creation and print collateral. They will be in charge of managing the production work-flow, assisting photoshoot production and maintaining file organization; implementing process and best-practices.
Being a team player willing to take on new challenges with excitement to grow their creative expertise and knowledge is essential to this role.
- Develop homepages, landing and blog pages, including layout design as well as concepting and executing wireframes, website design and overall improvements to site.
- Design and execute all email creation from conception to build.
- Create on-brand digital creative including but not limited to social media assets, banner ads and promotional graphics, both still and motion.
- Assist in art direction for influencer relationships and all blog content.
- Create print collateral for packaging, hang tags, labels, signage and supporting graphics
- Help maintain an accurate and current library of all digital assets.
- Contribute to decks and press with an ability to create design toolkits for new initiatives
- Research trends in art and digital design within the fashion industry; present ideas and concepts for application of of-the-moment digital innovation.
- Assist in light retouching and color correcting ecomm photos, BTS and other imagery.
- Mock-up and resize content on website using best practices for quality optimization.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic / Art Design or a related discipline preferred
- 3+ years of professional experience, preferably with a creative-driven company
- Strong Adobe Cloud skills; working knowledge of other current design applications
- Applicant must have a portfolio that is either digital or a PDF that can be shared
- Experience with Email Service Providers, specifically Klaviyo a plus
- Fundamental knowledge of UX and UI principles and mobile responsive design
- Must have an appreciation and passion for modern design and strong sense of visual style — photography, design, typography and graphics.
- Strong attention to detail when finalizing designs and asset management
- Experience in motion, photography and creative shoot production is a plus
- A problem-solve, self-sufficient attitude with an excitement to share ideas and collaborate amongst other team members
- Ability to hear feedback and challenge oneself beyond scope of original idea
Tidal New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, making employ- ment decisions on the basis of merit—striving to create an inclusive environment where all individuals can grow and collaborate on work they feel a part of as well as proud of. Tidal’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
To Apply - Please send CV, Cover Letter, a Digital Portfolio and any relevant social media links
- One location
Hours per week
Typical start time
Typical end time
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$35-50 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page