Graphic Designer 📍 New York, United States
About this Job
The Juvenile Diabetes Cure Alliance (JDCA), a non-profit advocacy organization that works to accelerate a cure for Type 1 Diabetes, seeks a part-time graphic designer for a new project, 1-2 days a week in office. The project is estimated to take 1-2 months. The job is temporary but could become long-term for the right candidate. Because we are a T1D non-profit, applicants with a connection to T1D will be given priority.
The designer will work with the head of research to develop a 4-8-page hard copy newsletter/report. Familiarity with InDesign is required. The newsletter/report will be an important, highly visible publication designed specifically for executives and high net-worth individuals.
- Part-time, 1-2 days a week for 4-8 weeks.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience (hourly)
- On-site in our office in mid-town Manhattan
Responsibilities and Duties
- Transform complex medical concepts into visual executions that align with current brand best practices
- Exceptionally skilled at image curation, visual storytelling, typography, layout, form, and color
- Own projects from kickoff through completion, presenting your work to various stakeholders, and incorporate feedback into thoughtful final versions
- Ensure that all projects are delivered in our brand voice and in a timely manner
- Strong portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field
- 2-5 years of graphic design experience.
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Deep passion and personal connection to T1D
- Ability to work in small groups
About Juvenile Diabetes Cure Alliance
The organization advocates for increasing type 1 diabetes cure research spending. It publishes reports on a variety of related topics, including research progress, fundraising utilization, and donor priorities.
- One location
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
You need to sign up
Only Twine members can pitch on jobs.
Existing members, sign in here.