MUMPs Developer 📍 Florida City, United States
The MUMPs Developer is responsible for MUMPs code development and maintenance in an agile lifecycle development environment.
- Follows VIP OI&T Delivery framework and overarching VA guidance (One-VA Technical Reference Model (TRM)
- Uses Rational Tool Suite, POLARIS calendaring tool, VIP Request (VIPR) portal, and ServiceNow
- May utilize either a Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and Virtual Private Network (VPN) or Citrix Access Gateway (CAG)
- Participates as a member of development support team
- Completes development to implement components and/or solutions
- Contributes to design activities
- Designs solutions
- Develops code independently
- Participates in code reviews and may lead code reviews
- Leads and provides mentoring and guidance to less senior developers
- Creates and executes unit tests
- Provides time / resource estimates for assigned tasks or projects
- Mentors other team members
- Assists technical writers in obtaining technical information needed for competency development, past performance, and proposals
- Analyzes technical issues
- Collaborates with other internal and external groups
- Provides and reviews needed documentation changes
- Creates and releases patches
- Completes Kernel Installation and Distribution System (KIDS) builds
- Writes System Design document (SDD) and Interface Control document (ICD) and other documentation as designated within the Veteran-focused Integration Process (VIP)
- Provides input to schedule
- Contributes to the review of project documentation
- Develops code independently using the VPE Editor or Cache Studio.
- Minimum/General Experience: 5 years
- Minimum Education: Bachelors’ Degree
- Security Clearance: Public Trust
- Moderate Background Investigation (MBI) A MBI is conducted by Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and covers a five (5) year period. It consists of a review of National Agency Check (NAC) records [OPM Security Investigations Index (SII), Department of Defense (DOD) Defense Central Investigations Index (DCII), FBI name check, and a FBI fingerprint check], a credit report covering a period of five (5) years, written inquiries to previous employers and references listed on the application for employment; an interview with the subject, law enforcement check; and a verification of the educational degree.
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent resident
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Other Related Field)
- Ability to work from home and perform duties with a remote located team
- Experience with Rational Tools – Rational Tools Concert, Rational Quality Manager, Rational DOORs Next Generation
- Knowledge of the Veteran-focused Integration Process (VIP)
- Knowledge of the legacy Project Management Accountability System (PMAS)
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience with VA VistA and related tools a plus
- Strong understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., Agile, OO)
- Strong understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management)
- Basic understanding of testing tools and unit and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies
- Experience on one or more full release project life cycles
- Able to apply consistently quality and security standards
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team and with clients
- Ability to work with Web-development tools for new applications
- Experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) COBOL, PL/1, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net, Delphi
- Experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio)
Oxley Enterprises® Inc. is a certified service disabled veteran-owned (SDVOSB), economic disadvantaged woman-owned (EDWOSB), and small disadvantaged business (SDB) that has over 18 years of experience building and delivering quality IT systems and programs. Oxley is ranked in the INC 5000 for 2016, 2017, and 2018; 2018 CIO Bulletin Top 30 Places to Work; and in Diversity Business’ 2014 Top 500 Emerging Business; 2013 Top 500 Emerging Business, Top 100 Diversity Owned, and Top 50 VA Woman Owned.
Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, Oxley Enterprises Inc. will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page