Software Designer 📍 Charlotte, United States
Microsoft is currently hiring senior software engineering managers into our Core Service Engineering & Operations (aka. CSEO) organization at our site in Charlotte, North Carolina. This posting represents several open positions. We are searching for all levels of software developers, program managers, and software engineering managers with a wide range of experience. CSEO provides career growth opportunities and a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional and personal life. Microsoft CSEO employees make global impact.
About working at Microsoft
- Working in Core Service Engineering & Operations at Microsoft offers many of the benefits of both working for a large company and working at a small start-up.
- Our CSEO teams are small and agile with every team member having the opportunity to learn and contribute broadly across their whole application or service. Our senior team members and leaders are accessible, hands-on with our teams, and can partner with other Microsoft product engineering teams focused on Microsoft Azure machine learning, data & analytics, enterprise cloud services, and more. We also have fun site-activities like family movie nights, site parties and events.
- On the other hand, as a large company, working at Microsoft offers many career opportunities in Charlotte, Redmond, and internationally. Employees may choose to grow personally as a developer in Charlotte or move through many different roles working on different products or in management, sales, or consulting. We also offer employees a wide range of training and professional development opportunities and have great employee volunteer and charitable giving programs.
This Software Engineering Manager will lead a team of full stack software engineers building the next version of the Microsoft Invoice platform. Invoice is the global service by which Microsoft receives, processes, and pays 1.8M invoices per year, representing over 60 billion USD per year in worldwide spend. Part of Microsoft’s Procure to Pay (P2P) platform, this system receives invoices from suppliers via a variety of ingestion methods from PDF upload, a guided web experience, API call, or other, applies various business rules and local tax laws, routes invoices for approval, and finally parks them in SAP for payment. The invoice service runs in Microsoft Azure and is built primarily in React/Office Fabric and C# with a mix of Blob, Azure SQL and SAP backend storage.
The ideal candidate will have experience in managing teams, designing, developing and running enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in cloud platforms and agile development practices. We are particularly interested in candidates with passion for both rich user experiences and high degrees of touchless or automated processing. This position also requires the candidate to have a proven ability to mentor developers and to collaborate across multiple teams/orgs.
- Leading by example on design and development of platform features
- Managing a team of software developers
- Working with other managers and developers to help timely delivery of planned backlog while ensuring adherence to high quality of design, coding standards, monitorability and performance
- Manage, design, develop, test, deploy and support secure & scalable enterprise solutions
- Work with Program Managers/leads to consume product backlog and generate technical design
- Work across teams and across geographic boundaries to ensure seamless integration of the enterprise solution
- Work in an agile environment using SCRUM or Kanban
- 7+ years of industry experience designing and developing enterprise scale services & platforms
- Recent experience designing and implementing solutions in C# or Java, with solid design, analytical and problem-solving skills
- 3+ years of prior experience managing software engineers or developers is preferred
- Relevant work experience in the financial services industry, developing financial or payments systems and/or experience integrating with SAP is highly desired.
- This is a software engineering role, so a BS or MS in Computer Science or other technical discipline is preferred.
- We are a DEVOPS team, so experience in a DEVOPS culture, supporting live site, automating deployments, developing cloud solutions and thinking of infrastructure as code is preferred.
- Experienced agile practitioner preferred (certified scrum master, scrum developer or scrum professional) including experience working with program management and business partners to understand business scenarios and map them to technical architecture & designs
- Experience defining and implementing a telemetry strategy to capture business outcomes
- Great planning and organizational navigation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ready to ramp up on new technologies as needed
- Passion for mentoring and growing engineering talent
About our Charlotte site
Microsoft first opened our Charlotte site in 1990 and employs approximately 1,200 people at our 22-acre campus in South Charlotte, just over the NC/SC border. Our site is also undergoing significant refresh to our common areas, lobbies, café, and game rooms. Local job opportunities vary widely from internal IT, to technical support, consulting, technical sales, account management, and product engineering roles. Many of our roles can be configured in a variety of flexible work arrangements including telework/ work from home, part-time, and job share, and Microsoft is consistently rated as a leading technology company and a great place to work.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow at Microsoft and encourage you to apply to learn more!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page