Bag Designer 📍 London, United Kingdom
Trendstop is the leading fashion and lifestyle trend forecasting agency for practical range building support, with clients ranging from Karl Lagerfeld to H&M.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our passionate trend forecasting team on a freelance basis as a Freelance Bag Designer.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, flexible and proactive freelance team member, who has a deep understanding of seasonal trends and their application in product ranges, a strong bag design background especially within Kids & Womenswear, and has the ability to deliver highly professional and inspirational designs that demonstrate trend authority adding that extra trend layer to ranges to meet the client’s needs.
- Your job would be to create high quality on brief designs and trend research as needed for Kids Bag Design Projects for our consultancy clients.
- You will be briefed out and directed by our Trend Managers throughout the project timeline and must also be comfortable working independently post brief throughout the research & design process.
- The trend research & designs must be consistent with our Trendstop standard, which you will need to work towards under the direction of Trend Management.
- It is important you are adept at keeping to deadlines and working in a timely manner to deliver results smoothly and effectively.
- You would be working as a part of a dynamic and friendly team who is passionate about bringing the best information to our global customers.
- Some specific skills we are looking for:
- 8-10+ years’ experience in the fashion industry working as a bag designer ideally for a fast-paced retailer.
- Strong knowledge of bag design styles and terminology.
- Ultra-fast digital skills – and must be able to use Illustrator.
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Great organisation skills.
- Have a great eye for trends, able to recognise both commerciality and newness.
- Great research skills.
- Be flexible to travel on development trips if needed.
- Self-motivated and able to think on your feet, and work as part of a team.
Please email with your CV and covering letter, samples of relevant work and a short video of why you are the right candidate for the role along with current salary details.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page