Shopify Developer 📍 Portland, United States
We are looking for a Freelance Shopify Developer to assist with all aspects of developing a new Shopify Store (by migrating an existing store). Our client has an existing Shopify Store that we are rebuilding with new content, UX/UI, IA, and overall look and feel. We will be migrating almost 2,000 products which contain about 10,000 variants. This position’s tasks will include theme development, app integration, and potentially developing new apps in order to meet functional requirements.
We hope to have someone start as soon as possible and the contract length will be approximately 3 months. You will be required to work on location at our Office in SE Portland and be available full time for the duration of the contract.
As part of the application process, please submit your resume and links to any Shopify work you’ve done. Links to completed stores and apps will impress us the most!
- Understanding project requirements with minimal assistance
- Collaborating with the UX and UI design teams to produce seamless, robust, and innovative front-end user experiences
- Understanding business needs that drive project features & functions and provide internal consultation
- Translate tech requirements and design mockups into fully functioning websites using HTML/CSS/JS/Liquid
- Maintain the integrity of the site by resolving any front-end issues that may arise quickly and efficiently
- Identify and effectively communicate solutions when roadblocks exist
- Test work and be able to identify bugs and areas of friction
- Researching, customizing, and implementing third-party add-ons, plugins, and other integrations
- Generating custom-tailored Shopify themes, and altering pre-existing templates
- Working closely with project managers to address client requests
- Strong experience with the full Shopify ecommerce stack
- Proven experience migrating Shopify Store data
- Experience with past integrations with Shopify, including App development and Theme development
- Recent experience working in agile development methodologies
- 5+ years of web development experience
- Strong front-end experience
- Natural eye for detail and an understanding of QA methodologies and processes
- Ability to design and implement robust and scalable code
- Track record of professional experience with multiple programming languages including HTML/CSS/JS/Liquid
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated; able to work independently and within teams
- Ability to multitask with strict time constraints, budgets and business goals
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page