Junior (Full Stack) Web Developer 📍 Crawley, United Kingdom
We are recruiting for an integral new position in an expanding, unique company, working as part of our small Digital Team to assist in the full lifecycle design, development and delivery of our web-based product suite, particularly our global events and munition intelligence system.
- Full Stack front and back-end web development
- Work on all stages of product lifecycle: design, development, implementation & testing
- Design, core and debug of core platform components
- Improvement of existing designs, and code optimisation
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- PHP / Laravel
- JQuery, HTML/CSS (Bootstrap)
- UI/UX design and optimisation
- 3+ years’ industry or equivalent experience with an associated portfolio
- A keen eye for good design and attention to detail
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- RESTful APIs
- SQL and database optimisation
- Microsoft Excel
- Experience with the Agile process
- Experience of QA and running test scripts
This part-time role would suit an independent self-starter who is looking to fit regular 1-3 days’ flexible hours around existing freelance or personal commitments.
You should have 3+ years’ industry or equivalent experience, with a portfolio demonstrating appreciation of current web development and design trends.
You should have a keen eye for good design and attention to detail, excellent organisational and problem-solving skills, and the ability to prioritise quickly-shifting tasks efficiently.
Fenix Insight Ltd is a globally renowned consultancy company, working in humanitarian mine action and the wider field of explosive ordnance disposal. Our work encompasses every facet of explosive weapons in a humanitarian context, from assisting in the development of government level policies, drafting international standards, to conducting practical field work such as destroying weapon stockpiles, and providing highly detailed technical research and reports.
Fenix are committed to leveraging technology to benefit our sector, and are significantly expanding our digital portfolio through development of a unique munition and explosive events database, a revolutionary Augmented Reality training system and other exciting web applications.
We maintain a small but expanding team in bright offices near Crawley, overlooking the Sussex countryside. Employee perks include:
- Opportunity for flexible working hours and some working from home
- 25 days’ Annual Leave, plus Bank Holidays (8 days) – pro rata
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit and other snacks
- A smart-casual working environment
- Discounted rates at the local, independent Coffee Shop/Cafe
- Annual Summer and Christmas company social events
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted/free food
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Casual dress
- Part-time, Permanent
- £30,000.00 /year
- industry or equivalent: 3 years (Preferred)
- Crawley RH10 (Preferred)
Flexible Working Options Available
- Work from home
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page