Architect/ Designer 📍 London, United Kingdom
Our High-End, Residential Design & Build company in London is looking for Freelance Residential Architects for an immediate start.
Due to incredible levels of demand, we are building up our team, to handle the overflow of High-End Residential clients we have to meet with and deal with.
IN SUMMARY: Immediate Start, Residential Expertise Crucial, Freelance Only, Self Employed Consultants, Must Be London Based or very nearby (commutable)
General Requirements of the Role
- Must Speak fluent English and be highly Articulate and Eloquent (Good English is not enough for this position)
- Attend 3 to 5 face-to-face, Residential client meetings onsite in Central London on 1 day each week, accompanied by one of our Project Managers. All meetings will be in tube zones 1 and 2
- Very High General Knowledge of London & Central London vital
- Must be able to work remotely from home
- Must be able to come into Central London 1 day per week to attend Residential Client appointments onsite
- Must have been working in the UK as an Architect for minimum 10 years
Technical Skills Required
- Proficient at free hand design, sketching, and conceptual development
- Must be fully CAD proficient across multiple platforms, including MAC and PC
- Ability to use rendering packages and 3D visualisation tools, such as SketchUp, 3D Studio Max, Rhino, Cinema4, etc
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and other similar Design programs
- Must be RIBA Part 3 qualified
- Must be ARB Part 3 qualified
- Must be registered with the ARB
- RIBA Membership an advantage
- Must have a degree in Architecture from a UK University
- Must have suitable references from previous Clients for previous projects
- High General Knowledge of the Residenital Construction Process
- Must have minimum 10 years of experience in Residential Project Management in London
- Must have minimum 10 years experience of Residential Architecture in Central London
- Must have a portfolio of previous Residential projects and CV which demonstrates high-end London Residential Architectural expertise and experience
- Job Running Experience Essential
- Knowledge and experience of JCT building contracts and Contract Administration
- Knowledge of Listed Buildings, including extensive experience of the Planning and Listed Building Process, as a result of having worked on Projects in Central London
- Experience and Knowledge of Architectural detailing, including: Exterior and Interior Bespoke Joinery, Stone Detailing, Interior Design, Interior Architecture, Rod Drawings and the Manufacturing Process
Ideal Candidate Description, Personality Type & Profile
- Highly socially confident and able to liaise with clients and people generally at all levels of society, including HNW & UHNW Individuals
- Must be familiar with the lifestyle Requirements of Central London’s International community of HNW and UHNW residents
- Immaculate personal presentation, and professional, formal dress.
- Desire to make 6 figure income, and serious about achieving this income
- Exquisite taste and knowledge of Interior Design
- Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page