Java/Python Developer 📍 Wayne, United States
- 11+ months
- Provides intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications using AWS services.
- Translates technical specifications, and/or design models into code for new or enhancement projects (for internal or external clients).
- Develops code that reuses objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain.
- Writes programs and reports.
- Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support when needed.
- Submits change control requests and documents.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues and ensure methodology compliance.
- Participates in systems analysis activities, including system requirements analysis and definition, e.g. prototyping. Participates in other meetings, such as those for use case creation and analysis.
- Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables, e.g., systems testers with test plans. On small teams, the developer may write these items.
- Performs unit testing and writes appropriate unit test plans to ensure requirements are satisfied. Assists in integration, systems, acceptance, and other related testing as needed.
- Ensures developed code is optimized in order to meet Vanguard performance specifications associated with page rendering time by completing page performance tests.
- Develops understanding of client business functions and technology need
- Develops understanding of tools, technologies, and applications/databases, including those that interface with the business areas and other systems.
- Interfaces with cross functional teams and other team within the Analytics community
Demonstrated knowledge of the following
- Development/automation using Scala
- Cloud formation to spin up AWS infrastructure
- AWS EMR with S3
- Imported data using Sqoop
- Utilization of JSON files
- Spark, Lambda
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Experience with Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
The following are preferred skills
- AWS Certifications (Solutions Architect, Web Developer)
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD), Cucumber
- Streaming Services like Kinesis , Splunk
- Control-M, or comparable job scheduler, Python, SQL
The Capgemini Freelancer Gateway is enabled by a cutting-edge software platform that leads the contingent labor world for technology innovation. The software platform leverages Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to make sure the right people end up in the right job
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page