Web Developer 🌎
The rhetoric around our national politics has gotten out of hand. Part of the problem is that some individuals are totally inconsistent with what they say on a day-to-day basis, attempting to subvert their own accountability by denying their own previous statements, which can lead many of their more casual constituents to believe entirely incompatible ideas as time moves on and memories lapse.
I would like to try to resolve this issue with a special PERSONAL project that could conceivably completely alter the way politicians engage the public, and more importantly how the public engages its politicians. I can’t offer a substantial initial commission, but I am happy to provide full ownership of all integrated advertising revenue until such time as the service begins to attain substantial crowdfunding support, at which point we can discuss what percentage of that can be paid on a monthly basis. (I would prefer that the website’s crowdfunding maintain it’s costs off the top of whatever is paid for programming, but I am not particularly concerned with receiving payment, myself. If it ever takes off as a service, I can always sell merchandise to benefit from the service’s success.)
I would primarily like the service to be made into a website, but I believe a mobile app would help to make the service more accessible. We can discuss specific mechanics for the website at greater length, although I have a list of key features I believe are integral to the service’s functionality and success. Bear in mind that this is a social project and not intended to become a corporate or public entity, but rather will remain a privately-owned service. I want to make this service not for my own financial gain but rather for the purpose of improving public political discourse before the nation implodes under the strain of its own sociological bipolar disorder.
You will be compensated, but please approach this project from the consideration of the deep cultural need for moderation and information. Our politicians must be held accountable for their duplicity.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Other forms
- Fully Remote
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is
- People-oriented – enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Achievement-oriented – enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative – prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as
- Innovative – innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented – supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented – cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
No, we can work online
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page