WordPress Developer 📍 London, United Kingdom
Vidsy is a creative tech start-up that’s disrupting the creative advertising industry by reinventing the way that brands and creators unite to create effective video advertising content. This is all managed through our bespoke web-applications and chatbot which are all built in-house by our small cross-functional engineering team.
We were recently featured in WIRED’s 100 Hottest Startups as well as featuring in Europe’s Disruption50 Index. Vidsy has offices in London and New York and is growing rapidly.
We’re looking for a strong WordPress developer to deliver a new marketing website build for Vidsy. You’ll have good knowledge of software engineering principles as well as a creative eye for design and website accessibility best practices. You’ll need to be able to build and test the new site in around 4 weeks.
- Develop video-focussed WordPress themes from scratch with HTML, CSS, JS and PHP
- Highly experienced in getting video to work seamlessly across mobile and desktop
- Experience building mobile-first responsive websites
- All WordPress development must be pixel perfect!
- Contribute to and improve internal tooling and processes.
- Diagnose and resolve issues with client hosting
- Communicate clearly with non-technical team members about your work
- Understand client problems and come up with solutions
- Experience with web performance
Skills & Experience
- Proven expertise in web video
- Using version control and dependency management
- Writing about problems and how you overcame them
- Scaling WordPress for high traffic sites.
- Object Orientated PHP
- HTML + CSS(SCSS)
- Advanced WordPress understanding
- Able to technically deliver the project as an individual
Diversity at Vidsy
Vidsy is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better products. Vidsy doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page