WordPress Web Developer 🌎
We are a smaller team but have a partnership with a software engineering firm who does most of the heavy lifting for us, while we do most of their UI/UX wire framing. We offer the following services for our clients: Web development, UI/UX/wire framing, social media management, and logo/branding work.
Websites we develop for our customers fall into three categories:
1.) WordPress sites created from a theme
2.) Custom WordPress Sites
3.) Custom sites developed in React hosted on a private server; Large projects
We are looking to hire someone for category #1, but if you have skills for any of the others, you’ll be an asset an will probably be moved to our bigger projects down the road.
Most of our clients are quick, small business websites created with theme templates that we pop out in a few days. While we do have large, custom projects, 80% of your work initially will work uploading and customizing templates on WordPress.
- 2-5 years experience with WordPress and WooCommerce
- Basic SEO knowledge and how website architecture and content play into optimization
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients. We pride ourselves on being “guides” and being honest with our clients when they are getting off-track
- Previous work from home experience is very important
These skills are a big plus if you want to work on bigger projects:
- Experience with Divi, BeTheme, or a comparable “builder” type theme.
- Fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Sketch/XD)
- Proficient graphic design expertise and ability to prototype (using Sketch/XD) beautiful, responsive websites.
- Fluent in HTML5, CSS3, and PHP
If you have a shiny degree in this field or another, awesome. If not, we don’t really care. If you can do the job, you can do the job.
This is a new position. You will be the first official hire for our firm. Prior to this, we have been a group of friends/consultants working on projects together but recently decided to “make it official”. We come from all different backgrounds and ended up transitioning to web development.
This is a fully remote position. We will consider contractors not located in the US. There are no “schedules” just deadlines. If you work better at night, then work at night. This will likely start at 20/30 hours per week unless you can handle more work. We can always give you more.
Send in a resume/CV/portfolio and a range for your hourly rate. Don’t worry about a cover letter. They suck to make and we don’t care about formalities. Just tell us about you or send us a good meme. We want someone who fits right in with the team.
- Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- $18.00 to $40.00 /hour
- wordpress: 3 years (Required)
- web development: 2 years (Required)
- SEO: 1 year (Preferred)
- Work From Home: 1 year (Required)
Full Time Opportunity
- Other forms
- Fully Remote
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks -
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
No, we can work online
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page