Senior Developer 🌎
Do you succeed in managing people, processes, and structures to help organizations run smoothly? The nonprofit news organization WhoWhatWhy is looking for a volunteer to lead G-Suite administration as Senior Developer.
Who We Are
We are a remarkable news organization and community that is making a difference, setting a new standard, and innovating on every front. A nonprofit that accepts no advertising, WhoWhatWhy is staffed largely with skilled volunteers dedicated to elevating public awareness and fostering a more vigorous democracy.
You will work remotely and on your own schedule, though we require a minimum commitment of 5-8 hours a week. Because our staff is spread throughout the world, we communicate mostly through email. All staff is required to respond to emails on a daily basis.
Please send us a resume and carefully reasoned, a customized cover letter that outlines your experience and skillset, and shows that you have studied what we do at WhoWhatWhy. Our mission must resonate deeply with you. We will not review applications that appear to be mass submissions. You must confirm your understanding and acceptance that this is a volunteer position.
- Using G Suite application APIs;
- Demonstrating knowledge with web services and APIs (e.g REST, SOAP) and their application to Google Cloud services;
- Using object-oriented programming and software design patterns;
- Possessing experience with SQL databases, big data processing using Google BigQuery and related services;
- Demonstrating knowledge of service-oriented architecture and application development;
- Using Infrastructure-as-a-service platforms like Google Cloud and AWS;
- Demonstrating experience with vertical application platforms such as G Suite;
- Demonstrating knowledge of design patterns, UML and Agile practices;
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in overseeing IT operations for a company or non-profit.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to work in a fully remote environment
Benefits and Perks
- Work from home, part-time, on your own schedule.
- Be part of an exciting, up-and-coming enterprise.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations.
- Collaborate with smart, accomplished colleagues.
- Delve into cutting-edge issues at the center of the public discourse.
- Have fun while making a difference
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$300-500 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
No, we can work online
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page