Junior Graphic Designer 🌎
Position is an hourly position that is intended to end after 4 months. There is a possibility for extension. Approximate 6 to 10 hours per week working remotely. Does require some minimal in-office meetings.
- Design and produce templated, printed annual report
- Update digital weekly event schedule
- Create digital promotional materials from template (simple visual and copy)
- Execute text updates for digital and print ads
- Design digital and printed event invitations
- Create printed event signage
- Design museum shop merchandise mock-ups
- Some production work - cutting, mocking up, etc
- One year work experience in graphic design
- Excellent inDesign and Illustrator skills
- Solid Photoshop skills
- Experience creating digital ads including gifs
- Professional, responsible and exceptionally detail-oriented
- Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- More than one year work experience in graphic design
- Experience with logotype design
- Familiarity with nonprofit cultural organizations
- Familiarity with art world
- $20 - $25 per hour, depending on experience, skills and portfolio
- Hourly with approximately 6 - 10 hours per week
- Work remotely with minimal in-office meetings
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
- Portfolio - please provide link or website address
Important for applicants who are NOT current university employees or contingent workers
You will be prompted to submit your resume the first time you apply, then you will be provided an option to upload a new Resume for subsequent applications. Any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) will be uploaded in the Application Questions section; you will be able to multi-select additional files. Before submitting your online job application, ensure that ALL Required Materials have been uploaded. Once your job application has been submitted, you cannot make changes.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer , complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page