Apparel Technical Designer 📍 New York, United States
Peloton is seeking a Freelance Apparel Technical Designer to join our team in New York, NY.
- Create and maintain accurate and detailed technical packages for apparel development & production.
- Lead fittings on a live fit model using technical knowledge to determine corrections needed.
- Effectively Communicate fit and construction corrections to the factory
- Establish and issue grade rules and construction details for all garments
- Partner with production in testing and performance requirements
- Collaborate closely with cross functional partners to create alignment in product design and fit
- Self manage your workflow to ensure deliverables are met for development and production
- Proactively follow up on samples with production team and factories to ensure that time and action calendar is followed.
- Meet with suppliers seasonally in coordination with production to manage quality of all trim components and ensure standards / performance are met
- Schedule and prepare for weekly fittings, manage fit model invoices
- Partner in weekly development meetings to report on technical design deliverables
- Be a right hand to production & merchandising partners development through production to develop and product apparel with consistency and integrity
- Conduct market research and pull seasonal factory research on innovation in construction, manufacturing techniques and best product practices
- 7+ years of experience in technical design, active product preferred
- Working knowledge of patterns, fit, construction, active product preferred
- A go getter with a positive, no task too big or too small attitude
- Strong understanding of fabrics, garment construction and garment testing
- Efficient, organized, detail oriented with strong time management skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, driven by teamwork and collaborative innovation.
- Strong Proficiency in PLM, Adobe Illustrator, Excel and G Suite
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page