Video Editor 📍 San Francisco, United States
Workforce Logiq is currently looking for an Associate Video Editor for a temporary assignment in San Francisco, Burbank, or New York City. Candidate can work remote but must come into office at least once a week. The ideal candidate is a talented editor and creative storyteller who can produce high-quality, engaging, video for multiple social channels.
6 month engagement with high potential to extend.
- About CNET: We are CNET, the world’s #1 tech news and reviews site, period. We publish the most comprehensive, timely, and engaging technology news, video reviews, and advice on the planet, and we take pride in independent, creative journalism that helps real people really understand - and enjoy - tech.
- We’re seeking a talented editor and creative storyteller to produce high-quality, engaging video for CNET’s social channels.
- This person needs to be passionate about technology and its impact on our society, and comfortable working on scripting and editing video for numerous platforms and formats, including but not limited to:
-Instagram, Stories, TV
- Position will require someone with a great creative drive who’s comfortable exploring new ideas and pushing the envelope visually.
- Participate in regular brainstorms with CNET’s Growth and Engagement team to come up with new ideas and creative approaches to engage with audiences.
- Pitch ideas, write scripts, edit and publish videos to meet same-day deadlines or longer-term objectives.
- Helping with channel oversight - aiding G&E team members upload and manage content, optimize it for the platform (create thumbnails, titles, descriptions), and working with channel managers to identify new video opportunities.
- Produce high quality, thoughtful and entertaining video for CNET’s platforms and its partners about consumer tech, amazing science and everything in between.
- Helping build out CNET’s presence on priority social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Edit video under tight deadlines, and from remote locations on laptops when needed.
- Target Rate: $50/ hr
- Duration: 6+ months. High Possibility of extension
- Location: SF, Burbank, or New York, Candidate can work remote but must come into office at least once a week.
- Skills: Video editing original content supplied by the video team and will work daily with the growth and engagement (social media team) team to re square for social media editing and input.
- Has: At least (2) two years of experience in Video editing for all social platforms- Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, and linkedin primarily.
- Red Flags: *Candidate should not expect to be on camera. This role is not a video producer. *Person who doesn’t like social media, doesn’t understand it’s concepts, or has never edited video for it.
- Must have a portfolio/reel attached along with resume of video editing experience. Candidates without portfolio cannot be considered*
- Shooting and producing skills a plus but not mandatory.
“We’re looking for someone who has experience developing content solely for established social platforms (FB, IG, Twitter) as well as emerging platforms (Snap, TikTok, IG TV) so that they can meet the expectation for daily output but also be able to adapt and bring new ideas to the table.It's not sufficient to just be able to come in, cut a couple vids and clock out, we’re looking for someone who can elevate our video efforts and spark creative thinking (within reason, they are an associate after all). The content and primary brand is CNET with some opportunities to help out on Roadshow as well.”
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$45-75 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page