QA Analyst 📍 Boston, United States
Isobar is a global digital agency that delivers experience-led transformations powered by creativity. We have redefined the way consumers experience music through emerging technology with the creation of Aeronaut. We have taken six disparate brands and brought them under one house through the transformation of Zwilling. We have strategized, built and executed the digital reinvention of Enterprise, Alamo + National. And we have connected families to LAIKA’s Missing Link characters through the power of voice. Isobar has a longstanding history of solving complex business problems. We have deep expertise in UX, creative, technology and optimization and are able to take on the toughest problems because of it. Sound like something you want to be a part of?
- Isobar is seeking applicants to work in Agile project team settings handling a variety of senior QA responsibilities.
- Senior Quality Assurance Analysts at Isobar must be analytical problem solvers with strong written and verbal communication skills. Candidates must be self-starters, detail oriented, and able to quickly learn and apply new knowledge in a fast-paced, client driven environment.
- Senior QA Analysts work closely with QA Leads, Functional Leads and Project Managers to verify business and functional requirements are in order to ensure Isobar deliverables are developed to specs. They are responsible for issue identification, issue prioritization, and verification of defect remediation. The candidates must have a deep understanding of QA processes, test tools and techniques, and defect tracking and management. They should be comfortable working with a variety of teams and individuals, including user experience, creative, technical, and program management as well as our partners and customers.
-Testing and Operation
- Create comprehensive test cases and scripts to verify business, functional, and non-functional requirements for all testing phases of the project
- Execute test cases and report issues to the team for functional testing, integration testing, system testing, regression testing and compatibility testing in multiple test configurations and environments with minimal direction and support from a team lead or manager
- Manage testing feedback, prioritize defects and communicate regularly with developers to ensure proper resolution
- Generate test status reports and communicate test progress to the team
- Assist QA Lead to create test cases for test automation suites with tools and programs
- Document test data, analyze test results, and make recommendations on how to refine the system to better suit user needs and expectations
- Assist QA Lead to train and mentor junior QA team members and cross-discipline team individuals to conduct test executions
- Participate in requirements discussions and project sprint planning for scoping and estimation
- Utilize and promote QA best practices and solutions across functions
- Recommend enhancements and take ownership of initiatives to improve the overall quality of deliverables
- Understand leading-edge technologies, including web applications, native mobile applications and n-tier architectures
- Understand automated test tools or lightweight scripting languages
- Ability to verify front-end applications (web and mobile), database, and back-end services to ensure overall quality of solutions
- Ability to diagnose and analyze problems, define potential causes, and work with teams to resolve issues
- Experience in web, mobile web, and/or native mobile applications for one or more of the following: CMS-driven corporate sites, high-traffic consumer sites, B2B sites, commerce platforms, employee portals or marketing platforms
- Experience querying databases to create and validate test data using SQL tools
- Ability to learn new tools for testing the activities of a QA program
- Communicate outstanding issues, risks and possible roadblocks to teams
- Present written and oral communications in an organized and structured manner
- Maintain consistent dialogue with developer teams throughout development and test cycles in order to assist defect remediation processes
- Clearly articulate the steps required to reproduce a bug with accompanying details (screenshots, test data, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of direct QA experience as a tester
- Consulting experience delivering software solutions at an enterprise scale for one or more of the following applications: web, mobile web, or native mobile
- Experience serving as the functional subject matter expert on projects based on previous experience and/or the ability to quickly learn and become the resident expert
- Experience in object-oriented programming (C++, Java, Ruby, etc.) a big plus
- Thorough understanding of QA processes and test types in software development life cycles, including but not limited to component, integration, system, functional, non-functional, user acceptance, and regression testing
- Ability to work from requirements and design specifications to develop and execute test cases and test scripts across multiple data-intensive applications
- Thorough understanding of issue tracking, issue management and test status reporting
- Sound understanding of requirements gathering processes, tools and templates
- Sound understanding of functional test planning and documentation
- Sound understanding of documentation review, gap analysis, and user-centered design processes and associated assets, including requirements, wireframes, design comps, test cases, etc.
- Sound understanding of data analytic concepts and testing
- Experience with data verification, web service inspection and log inspection
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page