Mid-Level Graphic Designer 🌎
LBWD is looking to expand our dedicated team with the addition of a Mid-Level Graphic Designer for the Web. We are looking for someone who is a driven self-starter with high attention to detail that is interested in working with a dedicated team in producing high-quality custom websites. For the right candidate there is plenty of room for future growth at the company.
This would be the ideal position for a well-established freelancer that already has experience designing website mockups from start to finish and understands the limitations of designing graphics for website applications. You will work with our Senior Designer to build custom websites, e-commerce solutions, web applications, & more.
We pride ourselves on our excellent attention to detail, personalized customer service, and quality design with our client’s specific needs in mind. We are a quickly growing operation and provide quite a lot of creative freedom in completing tasks.
- Well established portfolio of your work online
- Expert in Photoshop or equivalent program
- Highly proficient in Illustrator or equivalent vector program
- Experience with Wordpress
- Experience with e-commerce design requirements
- 3-6 years’ experience designing for the web
- Top notch design aesthetic
- Experience with logo and branding design
- Some experience with print media
- Ability to telecommute/work from home
- Able to start working immediately
- Design layered website mockups with minimal direction, but high creativity
- Iterate logo & branding designs quickly
- Design simple print media like business cards, flyers, & brochures
In order to apply, please review the following and total your points up for each item that applies to you. While these attributes are not required for this position, they do help us to find the very best candidate.
- Has prior experience working in a design production environment (not freelance): +10 points
- Experience designing Wordpress themes: +8 points
- Experience designing for native mobile apps: +3 points
- Lives in Long Beach, CA: +15 points
- Lives in Southern California: +5 points
- Understands Responsive design principals: +5 points
- Experience with print design/pre-press: +3 points
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign: +3 points
- Experience with Adobe Animate: +3 points
- Experience with Adobe Premiere or After Effects: +3 points
- Degree from a design/art college: +5 points
- Self-taught graphic designer: +3 points
- Familiar with CSS/HTML: +8 points
- Strong typography skills: +5 points
- Experience with E-commerce applications: +8 points
- Established & current online portfolio of work: +10 points
- Marketing experience (email, social): +8 points
- Owns Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency: +3 points
Please total up your score and include that score at the top of your Cover Letter or in the Subject line of your email submission (ie. “48 Points”). Any applications without this score will not be considered.
- Part-time, Contract
- $30.00 to $40.00 /hour
- Graphic Design: 3 years (Required)
- Fully Remote
- Flexible schedule
Hours per week
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is
- Dependable – more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented – would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative – prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$35-50 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page