Graphic Designer 📍 Cincinnati, United States
Spend your summer working with the Strategic Communications team at Michelman as one of our Graphic Design Interns. This is an excellent opportunity for students looking to build their portfolios and gain experience in the world of corporate design by producing print, digital, and environmental projects for our locations around the globe. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and be mentored by, a tightly-knit, seasoned team of creative professionals while working on a wide variety of B2B marketing, corporate, and internal communications projects. Start and end dates are flexible.
Some things you will have the opportunity to design
- Print Collateral: marketing brochures, product data sheets, and advertisements.
- Social Media: graphics for LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Environmental Graphics: pull-up banners, light boxes, and large scale displays for trade shows and events.
- Mockups: packaging mockups to represent potential applications for our products.
- Presentations: infographics and other media for slide decks.
- Promotional Items: branded apparel and giveaways.
- Web Content: landing pages and graphics for responsive, multilingual web sites.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities you will use and grow
- Strong grasp of the classic elements of two-dimensional design.
- Understanding and appreciation of typography, copyfitting, and design systems.
- Fluency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and switch gears quickly in a fast-paced, corporate environment.
Education and experience that will help you succeed
- Candidates should be currently working toward a degree in graphic design, interaction design, experience design, or similar from an accredited institution.
- Previous co-op, internship, and/or freelance experience is preferred.
Not required, but helpful
- Familiarity with Sketch (UI design app) and symbol libraries.
- Basic knowledge of web standards and interaction design principles.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience creating a web site and using a content management system.
- Familiarity with a DSLR and professional photography equipment.
- Ability to speak a second language.
- All candidates should submit a portfolio when applying.
Motivated by unwavering values, and ingrained with a passion for innovation, Michelman is a global developer and manufacturer of specialized sustainable chemistry used in industrial and agricultural coatings, digital printing, consumer packaging, and advanced composites for automotive and aerospace. From helping grow food and keep it fresh, to making vehicles lighter and more fuel efficient, to shielding our homes from the elements, Michelman‘s environmentally conscious solutions protect and enhance the materials that shape our world.
Michelman is proud of the values-focused work environment that we have crafted. We pride ourselves on our values of integrity, respect, and success. With our dedication to your technical and professional growth, in addition to our rigorous on boarding experience, we guarantee that you will find yourself challenged in new ways. We offer an excellent salary, incentive, and benefits package in a dynamic, empowered team environment.
It is Michelman, Inc. policy to seek and employ qualified persons in all jobs in a manner which will ensure equal employment opportunity as well as administer personnel actions in a manner as to not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page