Graphic Designer 📍 New York, United States
The Freelance Graphic Designer (GD) will work from gluehq in NYC to cultivate the look, design, and feel of glue projects. The GD works with production, design, and marketing as needed to conceive & manage the execution of design elements on assigned projects.
Here’s what they do
- Adapt to many circumstances & respond to a very wide variety of design requests
- Gather images & create mood boards to visually tell a story
- Transform client ideas into original design concepts that align with the project’s story
- Produce graphic assets for glue projects, primarily for large format printing
- Support production teams by assisting with graphic design & production needs
- Adjust or recreate design files not initially set-up for their correct output
- Maintain brand consistency throughout glue projects
- Play an integral part of the pitch concept & presentation design for RFP responses
- Mock-up ideas quickly & produce highly polished assets for client presentations
- Review production files for sizing, language, color, or output errors before publishing
- Work with onsite graphics installation teams on selected projects
our Graphic Designers are glue-y
Here’s what they’re like
- Enthusiastic for their work & are fun to be around
- Holds themselves, the team, and the work they do to a high standard
- Have outstanding organizational skills & great attention to detail
- Persistent, demonstrating follow through & doing what it takes to get the job done
- Have excellent interpersonal & communication skills, both verbal & written
- Self-motivated, but highly collaborative & team-oriented
- Work very well on tight deadlines
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency & act responsively
- Take initiative, multi-task, and work graciously in a fast-paced environment with concurrent conversations & projects
- glue Graphic Designers have skills
Here’s what’s required
- A degree in design and/or minimum of 3 years of design experience
- Proficient in Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Application of color theory & matching to Color Books for print & screen
- Expert in Presentation Design, especially in Keynote
- Strong knowledge of core event production elements, terms, and process
- Familiarity of printing & on-screen standards
- Knowledge of print vendors (NYC & beyond) a plus
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page