Designer 📍 Manhattan, United States
The Designer works closely with the Design Director as the line is being developed, contributing sketch ideas, research, developing physical mock-ups, and maintaining the continuity of design development for Hawke & Co Men’s Woven shirt category. This job allows work from home.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and Design pattern work that delivers newness to the woven shirt collections each season
- Conceptualize and present seasonal ideas, direction, and color flow as it relates to Woven Shirts & Bottoms categories
- Develop product in accordance to style plan, sales needs and emerging trends
- Work with CAD designer to design seasonal pattern work and color combinations
- Create inspirational design presentation boards for all design meetings
- Work with Fabric mills to develop new fabrics, fabric finishes, blankets, and washing/dyeing techniques
- Proficient in garment construction, fabrics, silhouette, finishing, embellishments and trim
- Partner with Product Development Teams to ensure all design information is clearly communicated, outlined, and handed off accurately
- Ensures timely development of line by adhering to time and action calendar
- Partner with Product Development teams to ensure detailed and accurate design handoffs including Fabric info, Pricing, and Wash Direction.
- Review and correct all samples prior to line review and ensure all changes/comments are communicated to product development/design teams
- Work with graphics team/art department to develop seasonal logos, graphics and labels.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Menswear Design background and Woven Shirt + Yarn Dye experience mandatory
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Understanding of garment fitting and construction specific to woven shirts
- Organized and highly motivated
- Proficient skill set in Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel
- Demonstrated pattern and color sense
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to deadline demands, seasonal schedules
- Please submit your desired hourly rate as well as your portfolio.
- Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- One location
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
$35-50 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page