Senior Graphic Designer 📍 Austin, United States
This position will support and enhance the reputation of the College of Liberal Arts through graphic design and management of design projects, for both print and digital environments.
- Provide art direction, layout and design for the award-winning Life & Letters magazine. Communicate effectively and consult with team throughout design process. Deliver press-ready files, and publish content to website.
- Develop and execute a broad range of other design projects including: brochures, web pages, email templates, advertisements, signage and invitations. Monitor and assist in prioritizing multiple projects.
- Manage projects from concept to final deliverables, collaborating with college partners.
- Oversee work, production schedule and contracts for vendors such as freelance photographers, illustrators, videographers and printers.
- Manage and develop art assets (photography, illustrations, infographics, motion graphics) for college-level web pages, blog, commentary, press releases and social media channels.
- Maintain photo database and arrange for photos as needed to meet team goals.
Bachelor’s degree. Two years of experience in graphic design and production. Must have strong communication and project management skills along with demonstrated experience as a team player with a positive attitude. Advanced skill in the use of the latest versions of Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) to produce layouts, create designs and design elements, and to manipulate and incorporate photography/motion into designs. Understanding of the principles of typography especially in regard to readability. Basic knowledge of HTML. Demonstrated ability as an organized self-starter able to juggle multiple projects within a team environment to meet target dates. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Resume/CV including link to design portfolio
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
Regular staff who have been employed in their current position for the last six continuous months are eligible for openings being recruited for through University-Wide or Open Recruiting, to include both promotional opportunities and lateral transfers. Staff who are promotion/transfer eligible may apply for positions without supervisor approval.
A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer , complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
Employment Eligibility Verification
If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 form. You will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Documents need to be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in loss of employment at the university.
Earliest Start Date
- Expected to Continue
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page