Senior Visual Designer 📍 Oakland, United States
We believe our customer experience starts with our employee experience. The Executive & Internal Communications visual designer partners with executive leadership and key stakeholders to create design solutions with a high visual and strategic impact to create clarity, confidence and connection to our strategy and build reputation and brand. This role reports to the Director of Executive & Internal Communications and will leverage multi-talent expertise in graphic design, presentation and video production to create beautiful and compelling creative. We are a fast-paced, high-functional team, and need a self-starter who can balance multiple projects with multiple departments on multiple deadlines.
- Partner with executive leaders to provide ongoing strategic counsel and coaching on how to clearly communicate, connect and inspire.
- Research, conceptualize, design and produce gorgeous creative spanning web, print, presentation and motion.
- Lead large-scale campaigns while still cranking out daily production needs.
- Distill complex ideas into digestible creative.
- Be a strategic partner with clients by advising on best practices and finding clever solutions.
- Be a brand champion by working within a design system while recognizing ways to break the rules to enhance our visual language.
The Senior Manager will have an extensive track record of designing, developing and successfully implementing comprehensive executive communication programs using multiple platforms and media. The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of relevant in-house or agency experience
- Knowledge of industry standard tools, including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge of video production, including cameras, lighting, composition and post-production software. Motion graphic skills are a plus.
- An online or PDF portfolio demonstrating a range of work, a compelling design perspective and a clean aesthetic
- Thoughtfulness, honesty, flexibility, persistence and strong communication skills
- A desire to do meaningful, life-changing work in a high-change, exciting industry
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills, with senior client relationship management experience.
- Seasoned project management skills with ability to develop and execute multiple end-to-end programs concurrently and with little oversight.
- Executive presence, professionalism, and ability to influence and build partnerships at all levels. Solid team collaboration skills, initiative, and passion for coaching others and growing as a team.
- A track record of innovation, challenging the status quo and taking action to identify and implement improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business or related field is required; master’s degree preferred.
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/desk work – Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page