Designer 📍 Portland, United States
TimeClock by Toolr is looking for one part-time designer to join our team! The position will be application UI/UX focused, with the ability to contribute to branding and marketing content creation design needs.
We’re seeking candidates who are inspired by the opportunity to contribute to high-impact storytelling, are comfortable taking on responsibility, and share our team’s dedication to building technology that makes a positive impact on our planet.
Roles & Responsibilities
The designer will craft thoughtful design solutions to improve end user’s experience both in and out of our mobile and web apps. They will contribute throughout the entire design process, from conception to completion, and serve as a stakeholder in conceptual discussions and planning.
Who You Are
- You think outside the box. Innovation, experimentation, and creativity will get you far here.
- You are eager to learn. Know when to ask questions and maximize every opportunity to gain insight from the people around you.
- You are solutions oriented. Act quickly to identify a potential problem, and address every problem with a thoughtful solution.
- You are a hard worker. You thrive in demanding, deadline-driven environments, and are happiest when you’re consistently reaching your goals and setting new ones.
- You are a self-starter. You don’t wait for someone to tell you what to do. Instead, you’re always thinking two steps ahead.
- You collaborate by choice. You’re comfortable and successful when carrying out tasks as an independent contributor, but you also know when to seek out help and collaboration from your team.
- You’re excited by a challenge. The person we hire will be someone who is looking for a job that continuously evolves and grows, as does their contribution within our company.
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience working in a software application design capacity
- Fluent in design principles including layout, color theory, typography
- Experience with the Adobe Suite, especially InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
Desired experience, but not necessary
- Motion Design
We are committed to taking care of our team and rewarding our highest performers. We offer a competitive part-time salary with room to earn a full-time position. We welcome work-from-home options, and also maintain a Portland office with good vibes and even better people. We’re excited to meet you!
- $1,000.00 to $1,500.00 /month
- Adobe InDesign: 1 year (Required)
- Adobe Photoshop: 1 year (Required)
- Sketch: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sketchup: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 1 year (Required)
- One location
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
Typical start time
Typical end time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is
- Adaptable/flexible – enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Innovative – prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as
- Innovative – innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented – results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented – cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page