Visual Designer 📍 New York, United States
As an in-house Freelance Senior Visual Designer at The Charles, you’ll bring experience with large-scale projects in e-commerce, responsive design and production to our team, contributing to the development of project concepts and executing deliverables quickly and competently.
- Developing compelling, creative, and user-focused experiences and points of view that align with clients’ business objectives.
- Contributing to the creation of design solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives.
- Designing user experience storyboards, interactive page layouts, and site grids.
- Constructing clean and organized creative deliverables that adhere to style guidelines.
- Effectively participating in brainstorms and other idea-generating team sessions.
- Guiding junior and mid-level designers to help them successfully execute their duties and to grow into world-class designers.
- Support the Creative Director and Associate Creative Director and work closely with creative leadership to drive departmental objectives and client projects forward.
Essential Skills | Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree is required.
- Minimum of 3 years design and digital work experience, at least 1 of these in an agency environment.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a passion for design and skill in visual design across platforms.
- A strong background in creative problem solving, strategic brainstorming, creative execution and production.
- A strong understanding of interactive design, user interface design and communication design best practices.
- An expert understanding of the fundamentals of information architecture, hierarchy, typography and layout.
- Ability to think, respond and design quickly, maintaining attention to detail on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills; an ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail.
- The ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team, collaborating across disciplines and levels of experience.
- A solid working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, Keynote, and familiarity After Effects (or another animation platform in order to quickly animate designs).
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page