Graphic Artist 📍 Chicago, United States
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
WBBM-TV has an open position for an enthusiastic, bright, technically minded freelance graphic designer/animator to join a Creative Services Department that offers a wide range of work and mediums. The ideal candidate will create impactful, daily news graphics and special graphics packages while adhering to the CBS brand. They will conceptualize and execute engaging on-air animations for promos, shows, commercials, digital/social content, corporate presentations and more. This position will work directly with the Design Director, writer/producers, editors and other graphic designers.
- Strong design/animation skills and in-depth understanding of After Effects and industry standard plug-ins.
- Proficient in the Adobe CC Suite and Mac OS workflow.
- Excellent typography, design and color theory practices.
- Must be highly organized and able to follow instructions completely and accurately.
- Strong multi-tasking ability with excellent problem-solving ability.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A sound grasp of post-production processes and services for broadcast.
- Must be dedicated, punctual, willing to learn and have a strong work ethic.
- Cinema 4D and/or VizRT working experience.
- Flexible schedule, last-minute, holiday, vacation relief coverage.
- Knowledge of Chicago and its vicinity.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, 3+ years of work experience at TV station, network or agency experience preferred.
- Please provide a link to a current portfolio or demo reel demonstrating abilities. Candidates without work samples will not be considered.
- References may be required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page