Designer 📍 Chicago, United States
Current Global is a global communications agency and creative powerhouse. Our footprint spans Asia, Europe, North and South America and has strength and depth across consumer marketing, corporate communications, health and technology. Our dynamic team of brand marketing, public relations and digital veterans work with some of the world’s most iconic brands to develop highly strategic and creative campaigns, collaborating across our four talent communities: Client Experience, Insights, Content and Integrated Media. Current Global offers exciting career opportunities for entrepreneurial leaders.
Current Global is looking for a Freelance Designer, based in Chicago, to serve as a key member of the creative team. Reporting to the Senior Art Director, the Freelance Designer will be responsible for creating, developing and executing design and creative concepts. S/he must be a self-starter and be able to juggle multiple tasks and assignments. Concise knowledge of graphic design and production for both print, web and video is critical to the success of this role. The ideal candidate must have strong research, problem-solving and time management skills as well as possess good communications skills, and be an enthusiastic team player with a high level of attention to detail.
- Create compelling visuals to bring conceptual tactics to life
- Use layout, design and typography skills to design decks for presentation
- Use motion graphics skills to ideate and create short-form content for social media
- Create unique visual brand elements for use across multiple channels
- Produce print-ready assets that adhere to vendor specs
- 2+ years’ work and/or internship experience (print & digital)
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Able to prioritize and manage own time
- Possess a strong desire to learn and work on both large and small projects from conception through production.
- Fluent in leading design software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
- HTML/Flash knowledge is a plus
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment
- Collaborative team player
- Exceptional judgment when working with clients, teams and vendors
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and endlessly curious
Current Global is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Current Global recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us. Due to volume, messages sent to us that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-400 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page